Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Pydpiper

Re: Lets hear some good about micro

Post by Pydpiper »

This thread is a breath of fresh air. Nice to read.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bubba

Post by bubba »

Pydpiper wrote:This thread is a breath of fresh air. Nice to read.
There you go... As the piper say's a breath of fresh air, and as Excalibur say's less than 1 to 2% in breakage? And this is a say some thing good about the Micro thread. So with that i say...I just thank Zeus, and Odin and my cautious nature for never understanding the Micro craze..Smile..No offence intended..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Pilsbury

Post by Pilsbury »

I'm certainly glad to hear so many of you are happy withem and have not had any problems so far. I think every brand has something break from time to time. Does anybody have a suggestion for a bolt upgrade or are the quills the way to go? Also is it safe to shoot 125gr broadheads? I only ask because I have quite a few in 125gr. However if they will sacrifice accuracy or longevity of the bow I have no problem getting the 150 , thanks for all your help! I've been a compound bow shooter since I was a kid so all this crossbow stuff is new to me.....
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I have various bows to select from when I go hunting . I have been carrying my Micro the most . :)
It sits right in between my shoulders when going through tighter areas .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
marlinmonty

Post by marlinmonty »

I has a Nightmare , had one limb fail , replacement limb splintered but I have been using it all season. Its been about a month since splinter showed up and has not gotten any worse . I go out 2 times a day and uncock it each time .

I was taken care of when I sent it to get fixed the first time . I didnt want to be without it once season started so I just broke off splinter and filed it down some and keep on shooting . As the season wears on I am less nervous about another limb fail . Think I am on the "send new limb " list . :? I hope I dont need them as I sure am not going to send it off to get fixed during season .

This is a great bow guy ! You done good ! This is the crossbow I wish I had gotten last year for my first xbow .

Good advise here on how to keep it happy and healthy . I think the magic arrow weight is in the 400 grn. area .

MM
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I've had my Nightmare since last Dec and have had no limb issues. I shoot a 125gr Ramcat on a 16" Zombie Slayer with a 110gr insert and 2" feathers. Have killed 3 deer with that setup this year, pass through on everyone, 30yds, 17yds, 25yds.

It's not just broad head weight you need to consider, you need to think about the whole arrow. 50gr insert and 150gr BH = 110gr insert and 100gr BH, etc. for most purposes. Many find on here that an FOC around 20% gives good accuracy. Many also find that 400gr total wt. gives killer terminal performance on deer sized stuff. and a 16" arrow will keep the BH inside the stirrup - which I like. Some have gone even shorter.

Enjoy your Micro - you made a great choice. And wait till you shoot a deer with it. Even though it's ballistically similar to a Vortex - IMHO it hits much harder. My thinking is because the short arrow is even stiffer.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
GRUNDY

Post by GRUNDY »

My limbs haven't broke, but the scope was junk, and replaced under warranty, trigger claws were junk, and still tear up strings after Woody's tried to fix it under warranty. I would hate it if it wasn't such a killing machine. I missed the first week of bow season due to the poor craftsmanship.

I need to call excel now that MI gun season is in. Hopefully they can make the trigger claw problem right. Never had a serving last more than 75 to 100 shots or so.

Excals are nice bows but there sure seems to be alot of problems that they are proficient making up for with speedy customer service.

If you don't mind having to have it fixed under warranty after you buy it. Then you will eventually like it.

This is just my experience.

Enjoy,

B
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters
Pilsbury

Post by Pilsbury »

Well my new micro came today! I put it together and it only took 4 shots to get it sighted in at 20 yards. So far I really really like it! Time will tell, gonna do some playing tomorrow.......
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I own one of each .... No problems and both run thru the tests in the woods .. Got to say they are my favorite for hunting !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

I have a Micro and the 380 Snakeskin. Since the first time I brought the Micro in the woods the 380 has not been out. No problems at all. So tight, so compact and well balanced. I love it!

I've had six different Excalibur crossbows and this is the best one yet!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
Mr. RoC

Post by Mr. RoC »

No problems with mine.

During deer season I left my Micro out side over night in -5*C. Woke up at 5am the next day and cold cocked the Micro covered in frost.... No issues with the limbs.

As mentioned above... get yourself a stringer to adjust the BH once in awhile when the string stretches.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335 - 397 gr @ 326 fps... 94 ft/lb
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Captain Morgan n i have logged in alot of huntin time n killed a yote couple weeks ago. So after over 800 shots he is workin well
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

WalknTall wrote:I have a Micro and the 380 Snakeskin. Since the first time I brought the Micro in the woods the 380 has not been out. No problems at all. So tight, so compact and well balanced. I love it!

I've had six different Excalibur crossbows and this is the best one yet!
The Micro is the first Excalibur crossbow that I feel comfortable carrying in the woods with the sling. All the others, including my Matrix, are just too wide for this to work well. It is also a joy to shoot and I think is the best shooting Excal. that I have every had. I haven't had any problems at all. SWEET!
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Love the handling. The accuracy is unreal compared to other brand names I've owned. Seems more quiet than my matrix 355. Did have a issue, that was quickly taken care of by Excalibur within days. Took a 6 point at 45 yards with a quartering away shot that was a passthrough with grim reaper broadheads. Watched him drop dead in 40 yards. Was spraying blood out both side's. Our second archery season opens December 1st. A whole month to take the micro out and let it do its job again.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.