Rechargeable Hand Warmers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Re: Rechargeable Hand Warmers

Post by ko4nrbs »

I really appreciate all the posts. Staying warm on the Tree Stand is a universal problem. Our chances of bagging that big buck is many times directly related to how long we can stand the cold.

I for one remember a 17 deg F morning a couple of years ago where I was on the stand well before daylight sitting. I toughed it out but at 64 years of age I'm tired of toughing it out and will use whatever technology that works.

I'm testing my new 18650 Lithium battery hand warmer now. So far I like it's size and ease of use. The LOW setting is hot enough for me. It's pretty darn warm for a LOW setting. It is expensive but if it performs and is reliable I ok with the price. Very convenient to just turn on and stick in your pocket. No messy fuel or smell and doesn't require air to heat.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-prov ... eable+Hand

I'll be using it for Gun Season and the rest of Archery season and will report back on it's performance.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
kamont

Post by kamont »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Thanks for the link!!

How long have you been using them? How warm do they get?
Bill
The ones I have now are three years old, not used all the time but if you look after them they last for ???. Too big to put in a boot or glove but good for inside a 1 or 2 piece suit. Last 6-8 hours and usually wrap in a towel because of heat. Great to throw in the foot of your sleeping bag, nice and toasty. I always have them with me in the winter. I first used these 40 year ago when Princess Auto was big into military surplus. For the price you can't go wrong.
artifact

Post by artifact »

I still use the Jon-e hand warmers, and carry the disposable 18 hr. body warmers with me just in case. I'm not worried about the smell at all, I smoke cigars and had 2 deer @ around 10 yds., and the one at 20 yds. this year while on the ground: WIND DIRECTION PERIOD!
I just want to chime in on something j.krug mentioned, not so much for the body but for the hands, a hand muff!
I got one about 15 yrs. ago, modified it to make it even warmer, stick a hand warmer or two in it, and have never had cold hands since. On stand you can easily slide your hands out of it when needed. Even when still hunting, you can just stop for awhile and stick your hands in the heated muff to warm them up.
My suggestion to anyone that never used one of these is to try one.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

artifact wrote: I just want to chime in on something j.krug mentioned, not so much for the body but for the hands, a hand muff!
I have one and would not hunt without it. Easy to use on the stand and works great with a hand warmer.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Just a note about my Thermacell warming insoles.... after 3 years and many, many miles my insoles wouldn't charge anymore. I contacted the company and they replaced them with brand new insoles no questions asked - even though I admitted to 3 years of hard use. I was pleasantly suprised!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

This year I'm going to carry Thermacare body wraps. I have a quarter mile uphill hike to my stand so once I cool down and start feeling the cold I can open one up and they stay hot all day long.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
davesonic444

Post by davesonic444 »

I used the Thermacare Body wraps and they work great for me.
Dave
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Wow Vix, that's awesome service
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone