TT Single Stage in my Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

TT Single Stage in my Micro

Post by nchunterkw »

I bought one of these a few months ago and have been dragging my feet on putting it in my Micro. Well, I finally did it this weekend. The procedure was very simple and probably only took me about 30 minutes if that. All the screws come "pre Loctited" so you wouldn't really have to wait to shoot it, but since I am like I am, and I re-Loctited my rail screws, I did wait a day before firing.

Now, I have a 2 stage TT in my Vortex, but still when I took that first shot with the new trigger, I was like..."Dannnnnnng....that's really nice". It's a very big difference from the stock trigger. Super great upgrade and very glad I did it.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
TheBig1

Re: TT Single Stage in my Micro

Post by TheBig1 »

I've got to get me one of them.

So which one do you like better, the single or double stage?

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Keith, I like the single stage better than the two stage, sounds like you do too.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Put a single stage in my Vortex and it sure is a sweet upgrade. I've shot both and prefer the single stage also. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have the single in both my bows and could not be happier with them .
W.M. :D
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

That's great to hear Keith. I just ordered one from Dave for my micro. Or maybe the 355. Not sure yet. Eventually both. Christmas and all, I gotta watch my spending on me. Actually it would be for the family......... meat in the freezer. Wouldn't want them starving.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Love the Single Stage TT triggers ! Have one in my M380 and one in my Exocet 200 . You can't own just one if you have two bows !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I will have to get both bows out and shoot them back to back to tell you which one I like better. The little bit of travel on the 2 stage never bothered me, because it's not like creep. The level just moves easily to the wall. And I like how if I let off it all goes back. But the single is really nice too. No creep at all. The break on both is crisp and 2.5lbs is pretty light. For me I think a 1.5lb trigger would be too light for hunting. But I bet it's a sweet target trigger.

As I said, an upgrade that is certainly worth doing. It will make you a better shooter and increase accuracy - esp. at distance.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i like the single stage also i have them in all my bows big difference
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

nchunterkw wrote:I will have to get both bows out and shoot them back to back to tell you which one I like better. The little bit of travel on the 2 stage never bothered me, because it's not like creep. The level just moves easily to the wall. And I like how if I let off it all goes back. But the single is really nice too. No creep at all. The break on both is crisp and 2.5lbs is pretty light. For me I think a 1.5lb trigger would be too light for hunting. But I bet it's a sweet target trigger.

As I said, an upgrade that is certainly worth doing. It will make you a better shooter and increase accuracy - esp. at distance.
Keith, I do like the two stage too. It does have a bit more travel before the trigger breaks though. Sometimes, it is barely noticeable in my opinion.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Dan, yeah once the season is over I'll get both bows out and shoot side by side then I'll be able to tell for sure. IMO you can't go wrong whichever TT you choose.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Can you adjust the weight on the TT triggers? I do not shoot my varmint rifle at that weight. Thanks, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Hi Dave
No they are not adjustable. You can buy a 2.5lb trigger or a 1.5lb target trigger. Remember though this is not a rifle trigger. The claws have the weight of the limbs on them.

Keith
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Have you used a trigger gauge to test the actual pull required to drop the hammer? I am not unhappy with the triggers on my Micros but I keep reading how great these are and it might be something I would interested this winter. Thanks, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I don't have a trigger gauge, but I have seen that done in some Youtube videos I think. Or maybe on the TT website. As far as aftermarket triggers go for Excaliburs, I am not aware of any others.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><