A Very Dry Season Here in Northern NJ

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Re: A Very Dry Season Here in Northern NJ

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Anthony,

A spray can of flat black, grey and brown and some leaf cut-outs to spray over plus finding an area with some deer, will take all your troubles away, :lol: :lol: :lol: Anything to kill the "Black". :wink: 8)

The name Bada "Bling " is jinxing ya !!!!!!!!!!!!
8)
Gene :wink:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I can`t say for you Anthony . But we have unseasonable warm temps this fall . When you have a winter coat on how much running around would you do . A lot of my trail camera pictures are night .
I WANT SNOW NOW !!!!! :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Doe Master wrote:I can`t say for you Anthony . But we have unseasonable warm temps this fall . When you have a winter coat on how much running around would you do . A lot of my trail camera pictures are night .
I WANT SNOW NOW !!!!! :lol:
DM...I couldn't have said it better...warm weather here too...today is in the 50's...camera's when out showed images of deer only at night..

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Good luck Anthony I wouldn't give up just yet. Our harvests in N.C. will be up this year from last year we didn't have the acorns that we had last year and hunters this year are filling the deer processing places, they were turning people away in the areas that I hunt in because they were so full. Our season lasts till Jan 1st I hope we continue to have some cold weather to keep the deer moving.

Good luck my friend hang in there.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Hey Anthony, It's been very similar down here in Central NJ.. All cam action is 90% night time, with very little deer seen during daylight hours unless the deer have been disturbed off their bedding.. Deer #'s seem down throughout the state with hunters on various forums reporting the same.

My thing is that I just love being out there.. Especially as the season rolls towards the end for. I think of the crappy hot humid days of the summer months and that just motivates me to be out there regardless...

Stick to it and good luck.. :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Had a good year here cant complain .i had some pretty crappy years in the past. I think the generous doe permits have caught up in nj and pa personally if you keep allowing a jillion permits its gonna catch up and i think it did from what i see. Jmo
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:Had a good year here cant complain .i had some pretty crappy years in the past. I think the generous doe permits have caught up in nj and pa personally if you keep allowing a jillion permits its gonna catch up and i think it did from what i see. Jmo
...I hear ya LBJ...however, I think there are some fictitious (ghost) doe being shot in the "earn a buck" areas....people just calling in a doe to shoot a buck...

...I keep telling myself that the main reason hunting is allowed is to curtail the deer herd...so I guess that has been accomplished...I know we cancelled our hotel for Sunday and Monday night of next week...just doesn't pay to waste money when if we weren't seeing anything anyway...now to be further limited in that it has to be a buck...maybe I'll just go out on Saturday!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Wen i started hunting 1978 or so we would take our pilgramige to grandmas to the poconos. We would honestly see about 60 to 80 deer on opening day,granted some were repeats but the deer were there around 1993 or so you saw it drop now your lucky to see 10 or 12 the first day. I love big deer but your average hunter just wants to shoot a basket rack buck n go home . Now they wonder why license sales are down ? I think they gotta give the doe a break for a year or two already. Now we got the coyote thing going on also that we didnt have before.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:Wen i started hunting 1978 or so we would take our pilgramige to grandmas to the poconos. We would honestly see about 60 to 80 deer on opening day,granted some were repeats but the deer were there around 1993 or so you saw it drop now your lucky to see 10 or 12 the first day. I love big deer but your average hunter just wants to shoot a basket rack buck n go home . Now they wonder why license sales are down ? I think they gotta give the doe a break for a year or two already. Now we got the coyote thing going on also that we didnt have before.

...I believe you are "spot on" LBJ...a man of pure wisdom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I hunted jersey off and on they seem to have a little better deer reporting system being that you go to check station n get another tag. Over in pa its the honor system your supposed to send your report card in to report a kill . I can tell you a lot of my friends arent doing this just out of laziness. Now the game commission is not thinking there getting the number there looking for and they keep issuing more tags. Its really not working. In my suburbs we got massive deer were we never had deer before and we gotta use comando tactics to sneek in i know im not gonna have the mojo to do the sneek thing for ever .its just a big mess
GGC

Post by GGC »

longbow
NJ has the online/call in harvest system now. Check stations for deer are no longer used. The suburban deer are much the same as Pa., even within city limits. Saw a road kill on rt. 1 north in Linden, NJ earlier this year. Just to give you an idea, Linden is along side Newark airport and not too many places for a deer to run or hide.
As to the nocturnal deer caught on camera, it is just that. You can not equate deer numbers with the pics on a camera, that is too finite of a "survey". Deer must be there or you would not have the pics. How many are not even seen by the camera?
I would think the herd has most hunters patterned better than the hunters have the deer patterned. We are over two months into the season and it doesn't take long for them to be invisible.
Anthony PM me if you want. A nursery in Oakland, NJ has a huge deer problem.
You may be able to get on the property. Bow only and tight quarters.
The nursery is pretty much in your backyard.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Captain Morgan be a Nitemare n we be beatin these deer off of us. Havin to kill them in self defense :lol: We have seen over 70 of them tick totin varmits
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Its detinately a shame i travel a lot with my job n see these dead roadkill deer in the middle of a concrete jungle and wonder were the poor thing lived you gotta feel sorry for the thing .thats why i have so much respect for the deer how they exist.
GGC

Post by GGC »

vixenmaster
Know what you mean, got nine so far. Last one was an eight point w/19.5" spread. Not bad for a backyard deer.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

GGC wrote:vixenmaster
Know what you mean, got nine so far. Last one was an eight point w/19.5" spread. Not bad for a backyard deer.
Thats great, keep killin them pests. I have to take 2 to 4 days off after each kill to rest up. Dang gettin old n messed up has put the slow down on my tick toter eradication program here on my place
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315