A Very Dry Season Here in Northern NJ

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: A Very Dry Season Here in Northern NJ

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:Captain Morgan be a Nitemare n we be beatin these deer off of us. Havin to kill them in self defense :lol: We have seen over 70 of them tick totin varmits

...There are many of us who would oblige you and assist you in your deer eradication program...and would you believe all of us would help out just because we like you! :lol: :lol: :lol: heck we would even assist in day to day chores like having lunch and dinner with you to provide you company...and make sure your rum closet was stocked with the rum of yer choice! :lol: :lol: :lol:....now ain't that just mighty fine of us Excalibur brothers? :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Anthony i am speechless over all the generous help y'all offer, :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

The deer are there, just not moving much during the day due to warm temps. Still in the 50s during the day here in NY and it's the second week of December.

In Delaware County you can see dozens at night spotlighting them in the fields. They are on high alert after getting the gun season wake up call a few weeks ago and are feeding at night in the fields staying safe. There is no need for them to move too much and scrounge around in the woods for food during the day.

I have some nice videos of a few does and button bucks feeding near my stand during the day, however, these are the stray few. I don't have a doe tag, so will be patiently waiting the next few weekends hoping a buck will come in. The weather forecast for the short term is still warm, so a little luck is needed.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....My brother in law and Uncle decided to venture out yesterday on opening day of the shotgun "buck only" and bear seasons in The People's Republic of New Jersey....did not see a thing!.....they did bump in to a few coyotes...no shot....also there were a bunch of guys in the woods and very few shots....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GGC

Post by GGC »

Saw three at one of the farms, no shot. Wife sent me a text two bucks at the feeder on my other farm. That's hunting.
Anthony you need to look for another spot in more ways than one.
Maybe another state, since you love NJ so much.