How often does everyone shoot to stay proficient

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: How often does everyone shoot to stay proficient

Post by vixenmaster »

I shoot outside, its the only place i can. I try hard to shoot 1500-2500 shots a yr wid me crossbows
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I shoot as much as time will allow. Unfortunately that's gone from hundreds of arrows per week to zero. Like many things and many types of shooting, you will get out of it as much as you put into it. Keep in mind, volume of practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. When you find you're fatigued or losing focus, stop your session or you'll just be reinforcing poor habits and form. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:I shoot as much as time will allow. Unfortunately that's gone from hundreds of arrows per week to zero. Like many things and many types of shooting, you will get out of it as much as you put into it. Keep in mind, volume of practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. When you find you're fatigued or losing focus, stop your session or you'll just be reinforcing poor habits and form. :wink:

Paul

X2....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Possum

Post by Possum »

paulaboutform wrote:I shoot as much as time will allow. Unfortunately that's gone from hundreds of arrows per week to zero. Like many things and many types of shooting, you will get out of it as much as you put into it. Keep in mind, volume of practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. When you find you're fatigued or losing focus, stop your session or you'll just be reinforcing poor habits and form. :wink:

Paul
Well said!
I would sure like to meet and shoot with some of you someday. Maybe at Boo fest if I ever get the chance.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
Boo

Post by Boo »

Possum wrote:

Paul
Well said!
I would sure like to meet and shoot with some of you someday. Maybe at Boo fest if I ever get the chance.
You could always hitch a ride with Danny Miller. He lives in Sardis Ohio.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Paul
Well said sir
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

What makes you think we are proficient? :lol: :lol: :lol:
As much as I can.....right now we are so wet my broadhead target floated off!! Colton said " How did the target get way over there?" "It floated, son" :shock:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

You name it, sun clouds rain snow hot cold windy calm,,, hell I figured if it was all the same I wouldn't notice all the difference when shooting in all these different conditions.... If you don't,,, well yo won't,,,, I shoot year round, bows rifles pistols you name it. Hunting till February 7th here, then some hard water fishing fer some blue gill and perch fer the freezer, then the end of March I hit the largest Walleye River run in the world usually put up around 120 to 150 depending how good the run is, but I fish that till May, most every day with few off. After that is when I hunt a few Morrel and maybe talk to a few birds till mif May,,,, then its back to shoot'n,,, how far to what direction does your bow shoot in the wind you have outside today,,,,, :wink:

Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

I like to shoot at least once or twice a week during hunting season just to be sure I am dialed in. I have a small 20 yd range in my basement which is handy.
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree