Interesting new broadheads.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fred T

Interesting new broadheads.

Post by Fred T »

The plunger deployment of the blades of these two BH's looks to have the potential for increased relabilty vs rubber bands ,shock collars etc.
http://forums.bowhunting.com/new-arrows ... hbx-77616/
http://forums.bowhunting.com/new-arrows ... ead-77501/
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
paulaboutform

Re: Interesting new broadheads.

Post by paulaboutform »

These are reminiscent of the, I believe, very first and original mechanical broadheads called Punch Cutters. They were all the rage in the late 80's until there were so many field reports of them failing to open on impact. I actually just found a brand new pack burried in some ancient gear of mine. Personally, I don't like the look of the design or the blades method of opening. The blades also look weak to me. Sorry.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I am a long time lover if the punch cutters .I along with s dozen other bow hunters that I hunted with used them for many years and the hole thy leave in a deer or elk is unbelievable. Never had seen or heard of one failure to open. Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver

Post by newbie »

Looked at those NAP at the ATA. Plastic turned me off real quick. Wasnt impressed at all. Lots of blade movement side to side.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I will pass on those. NAP spitfire XXX will be on the end of my sticks for a very long time.....
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

After 2 premature deployments using banded Grim Reaper Whitetail Specials, I'm switching to a crossbow specific broadhead for my 350+ bow: Killzone Crossbow. The former worked great in my slower bow (315 fps) but could not withstand the surge of the faster bow. They opened and resulted in wounded animals (one recovery). Killzone blades are very substantial (.039''), a 2" cut-on-contact cut and a robust retention system. Have used heads intended for vertical bows successfully in my slower crossbows, but bows shooting 350+ fps are a rule onto themselves.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

With so many great flying fixed blades (RamCats, Slick Tricks, Magnus Stinger or Black Hornet) I have totally given up on any mechanical.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

I will not shoot another mechanical head now that I have found a fixed head that flies great and blows big holes in em. Its the RamCat for Thor! 8) I understand the attraction to mechanicals but we shoot a recurve Xbow for its simplicity so why take the chance on a head that might deploy early or not at all. I heard my son say but it has a 2" cutting diameter and I said great but its still all about shot placement!! and I will take my 11/4" head and hit my spot and not worry about early deployment or something going wrong.
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

all it takes is a little dirt in one and it don't open . how it get in there is a mystery but it does. give me a fixed blade (grizz, 2 any day ) 11 for 11 can't beat that with a stick. JMO.
W.M.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Buszone wrote:I will not shoot another mechanical head now that I have found a fixed head that flies great and blows big holes in em. Its the RamCat for Thor! 8) I understand the attraction to mechanicals but we shoot a recurve Xbow for its simplicity so why take the chance on a head that might deploy early or not at all. I heard my son say but it has a 2" cutting diameter and I said great but its still all about shot placement!! and I will take my 11/4" head and hit my spot and not worry about early deployment or something going wrong.
THIS!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><