executioner broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

executioner broadheads

Post by Carnivorous »

Has anyone tried the Executioner broadheads yet?

They have a massive 2.5" cut. Look like a really durable expandable,

The company is out of Texas. Wondering if they are made in China...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Re: executioner broadheads

Post by newbie »

I just looked at them Jeff. He says the blades are super sharp but the grind on them is awful from the video. Very wavy almost serrated.
Look interesting though.
You should try them out of your future 315 and 355 let us know how they work : lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Serrated blades use to have alot of followers. Even Fred Bear would take and run his file at a different angle to get it a bit serrated. Holds sharpness better and cuts better. Look at steak knifes as an example. But I'm not sure if these blades are being done in that fashion.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.

Post by newbie »

Heyu wrote:Serrated blades use to have alot of followers. Even Fred Bear would take and run his file at a different angle to get it a bit serrated. Holds sharpness better and cuts better. Look at steak knifes as an example. But I'm not sure if these blades are being done in that fashion.
I agree serrated steaks knives hold their edge better then straight edge, but only because plates are hard on edges. Take a sharp straight edge knife it will out slice serrated. Most people dont want to sharpen knives.
I dont think these blades were meant to be serrated, just looks like the primary grind isn't done with much care.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

That's the idea. Serrated holds edge better. Going threw hide and bone. A straight edge won't as well after going threw that. Starts dulling opon entry alot faster.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Serrated knives were designed with an idea of cutting by moving the knife back and forth (just like a saw). Hard to do that with any broadhead, at least for my hunting style :lol:

Post by newbie »

Heyu wrote:That's the idea. Serrated holds edge better. Going threw hide and bone. A straight edge won't as well after going threw that. Starts dulling opon entry alot faster.
I sharpen or replace after every deer so no worries there! :wink:
Wont ever catch me with serrated heads but YMMV!
My intent wasn't to start a debate on serrated vs straight, just that the vlades weren't in my opinion ground very carefully.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

No debate here. Just remembering watching Fred Bear do this to his broadheads and telling us his and others reasoning behind it. One other was the damage of the slice was more jagged doing more to the tissue as it's going threw, and not dulling as fast as it enters. It wouldn't seal up as easily, as a clean cut. He said ask a doctor about that kind of cut. But Fred didn't know nothing about hunting. Ha. I myself am a big one about nothing more important than having razor sharp broadheads. My bald spots on my legs and arms from testing during season is testimony to that. Lol. I don't trust any factory grind. It can always be better. My steaks are tender. I don't have to go back and forth with my steak knifes. Or a straight edge one. :wink:
Last edited by Heyu on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by newbie »

Heyu wrote:No debate here. Just remembering watching Fred Bear do this to his broadheads and telling us his and others reasoning behind it. One other was the damage of the slice was more jagged doing more to the tissue. It wouldn't seal up as easily, as a clean cut. He said ask a doctor about that kind of cut. I myself am a big one about nothing more important than having razor sharp broadheads. My bald spots on my legs and arms from testing during season is testimony to that. Lol. I don't trust any factory grind. It can always be better. My steaks are tender. I don't have to go back and forth with my steak knifes. Or a straight edge one. :wink:
Ok
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads