Can i buy a Excalibur Matrix 405 Mega without problems?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Can i buy a Excalibur Matrix 405 Mega without problems?

Post by paulaboutform »

Heavvyduty wrote:https://youtu.be/DOXsOAyZGB0

Check this youtube vid out. Its done by one of there vendors , Listen to what he says about the 400 taking the place of the problematic 405s. I just got mine on the 9th Jan 2016. I want them to take my 405 back an give me a 400. And they can keep the extra money i paid for the 405. SOUNDS VERY FAIR TO ME.
That sounds like something you should discuss with the shop you bought it from rather than Excalibur....and they may be willing to do that but I wouldn't put another arrow through the bow.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Boo wrote:Paul, I'm with you. If I could buy a 405 dirt cheap, I'd buy it. Meantime, I'm stuck with my 408. :mrgreen:
Don, with your uncanny abilities, if you truly wanted one, I'm sure you'd find a way to get one dirt cheap or less. :wink: :mrgreen:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

nasko wrote:I cannot really see how Excalibur should exchange the bows. The bow was purchased on January 9th, the new ones were already shown at ATA.
I have a 405 that I have shot quite a few times and have never had even a small issue. Well other than one bolt going through my cheap target and losing it. Power is the name of the game when it comes to the 405. It is a great weapon.
not everyone is on top of the current crossbow market or know about shows like the ATA. i would never expect excalibur to replace owners of the 405 matrix with a 400 bulldog but if there has been a redesign of the limbs and riser replacing those would be a good start. if they did that even for a limited time it would save face to those who bought spare limbs and had them on reserve just to get through a hunting season.since excalibur cant time line the limb production its a crap shoot. they obviously admitted to stress issues with the riser angle and limbs that got overheated. if one is nervous about there safety then excalibur should make good. not just if something happens. :roll:
SEW

Post by SEW »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
My only complaint is can you stop coming out with new and improved bows every year?
Just when I have my current bow all setup you top the existing how's. This temps me to upgrade and empty my wallet.... LOL
It looks like our master plan is working! :lol: If we don't make stuff you guys want to upgrade to we are not doing our job very well. :D
Peter,
Your plan is working well. For years, I "upgraded" every few years while I was in the compound xbow arena(30 years) and escaped to Excalibur 3 years ago for a # of reasons. One of which was to get off that merry go around. In those 3 years, Excal went from M380 to a M405, to a Micro 335 to a Micro 355 to a Bull Dog 400. Having optimized both Matrix xbows to the hilt, I plan on going from having the latest and the greatest to just having highly respected "classic" Excalibur xbows.
My only regret is that the limbs are not trackable. I wonder about my , as yet, unused blemished limbs. Over 1,000 shots thru the 380 and 700-800 out of the 405, countless cocked hours and no problems.
If I had no xbow, I'd get a Bull Dog 400. If I had only a Bull Dog 400, I'd either get another Bull Dog 400 or a M405.
Last edited by SEW on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

And the traditional stick and string guy's just sit back and laugh. As the rest go out with their latest greatest technology, and still think they need more tech to harvest. I was one of those traditional guys. But had to make this change to a crossbow in order to keep on with my hunting. Doctors orders. But still pick up my longbows and recurves and throw a cedar or two when no one is looking. But learned along time ago Joe's greatest and latest $$$ bow wasn't getting anymore deer or bear than mine or other's older bows. Ours had name's. We shot them and they became a part of us. Joe blow was to busy buying and bragging up his latest add ons. Then selling to buy the next bragging rights bow to impress other's. I had decided 12 years ago when I was first introduced to a Excalibur of Bills, that if I ever had to shoot one, it would be a Excalibur Recurve. Simple. Reliable. Those 2 reasons Excalibur even state's. Should never be a reason for me to buy another then. Thanks Excalibur.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.