Has anyone broken a 355 limb?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Has anyone broken a 355 limb?

Post by newbie »

Ill clarify. Not partially cocking the bow.
When loading an arrow on a bow with an ADF installled sometimes it feels like the arrow hit the string and it isn't . It gets hung up on the ADF catch. Far enough back that it WON'T catch the string, its holding the ADF catch up, but not far enough back against the string to make contact.
The string will then not be against the arrow thus a partial dry fire. The string moves a touch before contacting the arrow.
I went from a 355 to a micro and had to double check the arrow was fully seated each time. Tell tale sign of a partial dry fire is cracked broken or muahroomed nocks if plastic.
I never said there was a benifit to not having an ADF you juat need to make sure the arrow is fully seated against the string more with them, especially if coming from a bow without.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

No problems with mine and i can say that i have Dry Fired it :D :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Heavvyduty

Post by Heavvyduty »

wildcatter wrote:Why would you ask about the 355, the cranked down model of the 380,,, If I was worried about a bow as fine as the 380, I would ask how many have had trouble with it.

I can almost assure you, that since I have no job, and my only hobbies are hunting fishing and shooting,, even with the grandkids around,,,, (Teach them young and you won't regret it later!),,, I have probably shot as many rounds through mine as any, and definitely more than most,,, that includes both of them,,, yes 2 Matrix 380's reside in my cave, and they are most shot bows, I have had all but the 310 and although they were all great bows the 2-405's,, about to be sold just because I don't care for them, and the 2-380's that will be going no place, I have yet in 2 years had a problem,, except for mine have a habit of wearing out arrows,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, this limb debacle is hard for some to believe because of how little they shoot their bows and get there experience from listening to the negeative and overlooking the 100's and 1000's of post you will find on all forums comending the quality traits of these bows!!! No bow will be 100%,,, well so they say, I say that because both of mine have been 100%, both have shot 1000's of shots, and both have killed deer,, a bunch of em!! as a matter of fact here in about 2 hours we heading out on our last RAHOO fo the year,, a 12 day hunt in big timber on public hunting grounds in Southern Ohio,, and the only thing are going with me will be 2 380 Matrix!! and trust me neither as a backup,, have found they don't need backup's, but I will be letting the weather decide which one get's used from day to day,,, I believe in being ready!!!

Trust me your bow is one of the finest bows available,, I have my doubts you are looking at a crack in the limb itself, a molding blem maybe, but I would never say no limb can fail, just maybe your's did, but I can assure you, the 380 is as reliable as any bow, and no matter which bow you are talking about in the Matrix line,, they all use the exact same limb,,, just different finishes on them! Don't believe me, search forums for Excalibur 380,, and you will sort through 1000 times as many good reports as any negative,, now if you want to be negative just search for negative 380 posts,,,,, :wink:

But trust me yes even some have had 355 limb problems, there is no bow currently made before the 2016 models that have never seen a failure,, none, but thats just part of man made creations of any kind. Don't worry about your 380, in my book they are the sweet spot in the Matrix line!!! and yes I have owned em all,,,,, :wink:

Why would you want to get rid of both 405s, Since they stop making it. Could have a Collectors bow, or A BAD A$$ bow.You yourself, Have said how good the 405 was. Just hope mine preforms flawless.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I know it was just a bad batch... but I don't 100% buy it.
Why, because they completely redesigned the most problematic product.
You can buy it or not buy it that's up to you but it's the truth. We are always redesigning our crossbow models, that's what keeps us in business. We changed the Exomag into the Exomax and people got excited because the Exomag was gone. The Exocet became the Exocet 200. The Vixen became the Vixen II, the Phoenix became the Axiom and then the Axiom SMF. The Vortex morphed into the Matrix 330 which was really sad because I actually named the vortex :D . Change is constant.

The Bulldog is just a different crossbow than the 405 and we tried to come up with new ideas to make it even better. Yes, it has a different riser design but that helps with other aspects of the overall design. We are using the exact same limbs as the 405, we are just not over cooking them which was really the problem with some of the limbs. We have a bunch of 405's that have been cocked for 2 months with the old riser with no limbs issues...the only difference is the way we coated the limbs. I'm personally sad to see the 405 go, I'm thinking of picking one up myself to have for my collection, it's the meanest crossbow we have ever made!

If you're looking for a crossbow that will never break a limb I think you might have to look for a new hobby. There is not a crossbow model on the planet made by any company that has not seen a limb fail at some point in the products lifespan. It's the working part of the bow, like tires on your car. But with our average failure rate of 1-2% I think our products do very well.

Regarding the ADF...we have way less limb failures due to dry fire on the crossbows that have them than those that don't. We can tell by the type of failure that occurs if it was dry fired or not and we track every single failure. ADF's save limbs.

Sorry for the long post but I think we just need to be as transparent as possible here since there are so many rumours out there through social media that are 100% BS. The internet is full of arm chair CEO's! :lol:

Peter

Post by newbie »

Peter i agree with the Bulldog redesign. It is a much better bow as a result. This willl be my next bow. :wink:.
As the ADF is concerned no doubt it saves limbs due to dry fires. If the arrow isn't fully seated it wont help. I know i catch myself not fully seating arrows coming from the Vortex and 355 that didnt have them. And on the high poundage limbs you know as well as i what that will do to the limbs.
My 355 on the other hand survived 2 full dry fires aside from some bent up recoil plates, but didnt survive my tailgate :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

My 355 on the other hand survived 2 full dry fires aside from some bent up recoil plates, but didnt survive my tailgate :mrgreen:
Priceless :lol: :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I, as well as many others, really like the Excalibur line for many reasons. Whine all you want, but you'll not find a better company to deal with. So what if you have a problem. Call them up they'll fix it. Why cry on a public forum when you know the company will take care of you. I'd be saying I had a problem and thank goodness I was dealing with a company like Excalibur rather than some other I won't mention companies.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Shotnbeer wrote:I, as well as many others, really like the Excalibur line for many reasons. Whine all you want, but you'll not find a better company to deal with. So what if you have a problem. Call them up they'll fix it. Why cry on a public forum when you know the company will take care of you. I'd be saying I had a problem and thank goodness I was dealing with a company like Excalibur rather than some other I won't mention companies.
Although that wasn't the wording that I would have used, I couldn't agree more. Well said!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:

If you're looking for a crossbow that will never break a limb I think you might have to look for a new hobby. There is not a crossbow model on the planet made by any company that has not seen a limb fail at some point in the products lifespan. It's the working part of the bow, like tires on your car. But with our average failure rate of 1-2% I think our products do very well.
Peter
My Exomax has not had any limb issues and it has been shot many, many times with a dry fire or two thrown in for good measure. I use an Excalibur standard string and Firebolts.

I have dragged it up into my tree stand many times cocked and while not intentional was banged around alongside the tree on the way up. I don't think I could find a better bow for the money anywhere.

I must also add it is very accurate and easy to handle.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Shadytree

Post by Shadytree »

Shotnbeer wrote:I, as well as many others, really like the Excalibur line for many reasons. Whine all you want, but you'll not find a better company to deal with. So what if you have a problem. Call them up they'll fix it. Why cry on a public forum when you know the company will take care of you. I'd be saying I had a problem and thank goodness I was dealing with a company like Excalibur rather than some other I won't mention companies.
I guarantee you would not say that I was whining and crying to my face.
Have some respect.
I'm not complaining about the company or the warranty. I just recently sold my exocet 165 that was pushing 20 years old and still flinging arrows. I want my matrix to do that. That is what I expect. If I have to sell the 380 and buy a 355 to get that I will.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

No problems with my 355 and it gets hunted with and shot a lot.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
You can buy it or not buy it that's up to you but it's the truth. We are always redesigning our crossbow models, that's what keeps us in business. We changed the Exomag into the Exomax and people got excited because the Exomag was gone. The Exocet became the Exocet 200. The Vixen became the Vixen II, the Phoenix became the Axiom and then the Axiom SMF. The Vortex morphed into the Matrix 330 which was really sad because I actually named the vortex :D . Change is constant.

The Bulldog is just a different crossbow than the 405 and we tried to come up with new ideas to make it even better. Yes, it has a different riser design but that helps with other aspects of the overall design. We are using the exact same limbs as the 405, we are just not over cooking them which was really the problem with some of the limbs. We have a bunch of 405's that have been cocked for 2 months with the old riser with no limbs issues...the only difference is the way we coated the limbs. I'm personally sad to see the 405 go, I'm thinking of picking one up myself to have for my collection, it's the meanest crossbow we have ever made!

Regarding the ADF...we have way less limb failures due to dry fire on the crossbows that have them than those that don't. We can tell by the type of failure that occurs if it was dry fired or not and we track every single failure. ADF's save limbs.

Sorry for the long post but I think we just need to be as transparent as possible here since there are so many rumours out there through social media that are 100% BS. The internet is full of arm chair CEO's! :lol:

Peter
when models change because of performance thats always a good thing. when they appear to change because of reliability issues it will always cause talk. the Mega 405 was dropped and also pulled clean from description from the website.that sends the sky is falling mentallity. to fuel things even more some online stores have cut down versions of the mega 405 called 350 so whats a Matrix 405 owner to think?. the Bulldog 400 with its less angle riser and slightly lower feet per second fuels the worry.im glad they think the limb issue is fixed. time will tell. having a Micro 355 this year is a big statement that they have fixed the limb problems. would have been great to see a Bulldog 410 :wink: trying to figure out why the decription of all the Micros have the same 10 inch power stroke :?: .
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

Yes I did.. But I dropped it out of a tree 23-25 ft up..Can't understand why it broke must of been a defect :D :D
live everyday as it is your last..It may be