Front grip do it yourself

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

foofoo

Front grip do it yourself

Post by foofoo »

got a few questions on mounting a front grip on your crossbow so im adding some pics. front grips arent for everyone but may also help with not getting fingers in the way of the string.i had a tac pac but to me it was too heavy big and bulky.you will also loose the ability to mount the quiver unless you get something like a Munch mount. you need to get and be able to cut a piece of slotted picatinny rail. you can find them on ebay as well as many styles of front grips. you need the type that is long enough for the model crossbow you own and has holes and one long slot to cover the area your mounting it in.the rails come in metal and plastic composite and usually come in a 3 pack of different sizes. not for everyone but you can also mount a piece of picatinny rail under the front forearm area of your stock but requires drilling and tapping a hole in the stock itself. for the other rail mounting hole i just used a slightly longer screw that mounts the stock to the rail. you can find this stuff at your local hardware stores.you need to decide where you want the grip location and how it feels and balances for you. its not an issue for me but you may have storage case issues if you leave the grip handle on all the time.i use both hard and soft cases and no issues.they also make picatinny grips that twist on and off for easy removal. Image Image
huntinwi

Re: Front grip do it yourself

Post by huntinwi »

Very nice.Great idea. :D
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I picked up a 12" piece of picattiny rail blank from Brownells. Cut it into 3" pieces and drill holes to match the factory quiver mount holes. You will then need a Munch mount for quiver if you want it on bow. I use the rail to mount my Streamlight laser for hog hunting.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

That's a cool idea!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

thanks foofoo - much clearer now
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

I did the exact same thing only I used one of the collapsable grips. Mash a button and it folds up against the stock making it easier to put in my Excal zippered case.
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

there are quite a few AR style hand grips.when i had the TAC PAC the handle that came with it was too thin for me and it had a slight back n forth wiggle to it that i didnt like. these type grips also come in different lengths. if you have small hands they also make a hand grip called a stubby size. the newest ones dont use screws. the handle itself twists to tighten or take off the rail. i leave my grips on all the time. here is alink to the polymer type rail.dont use there screws though! http://www.ebay.com/itm/141794675785?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT