Using solder gun to heat screw bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: Using solder gun to heat screw bolts

Post by sproulman »

burrard wrote:
Normous wrote:One only needs enough heat directed at the fastener head only to soften the factory Loc Tite. A soldering gun will work fine if applied for longer periods. I prefer a small mini torch lighter that is cheaper and more compact.

When removing limbs one only requires to remove only one limb strap bolt per side. With one shoulder bolt out the metal limb strap can be rotated freeing the limb, and a vise grip can easily be clamped on to remover the other bolt.

The new ti64 titanium limb strap screws are very worth purchasing the way I see it it because the 5/32" parallel socket head screws are superior to the factory supplied shoulder bolts that easily round out during removal if heat is not used.
Has anyone ever wondered how much money basement cross bow smiths cost companies and buyers, stripping and heating and breaking parts,Just Saying best let trained factory repair people do the repairs.

Not as easy as turning a screw :mrgreen: ,heating,buying special tools,cutting off screws . :mrgreen:
My dad bought me tools and I broke a lot of things over years but I learned..I think what we do on crossbows keeps us buying crossbows also..That is plus for crossbow industry in my opinion....Being excited that you read here how to do this or that and take crossbow out and hunt or shoot makes you feel good ..Also crossbow repair people have job too that is great and if service is good word gets around and like excalibur it sells crossbows...I remember at work parts were broken by customers and I use to say keep breaking them this is job security and because of that customers always had part available if needed..
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have received a couple PM's regarding where to find ti64 hardware.
Danny Miller has them 740 483 2312
or copy/paste this link:
http://www.ti64.com/category_s/110895.htm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I have a two pieces set of damage screw removers .one side cuts the hole were the old head was stripped out then you flip it around and use reverse on the drill to back the screws out .works very well the set comes with two sizes ..Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

dutchhunter wrote:I have a two pieces set of damage screw removers .one side cuts the hole were the old head was stripped out then you flip it around and use reverse on the drill to back the screws out .works very well the set comes with two sizes ..Dutch
Dutch, Can you believe I broke 1 of those too trying to remove bolt on another item.. :oops:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Normous wrote:I have received a couple PM's regarding where to find ti64 hardware.
Danny Miller has them 740 483 2312
or copy/paste this link:
http://www.ti64.com/category_s/110895.htm
If my air brake bolts come back with heads stripped will look into those.Thanks..