Bulldog at Boo's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Bulldog at Boo's

Post by newbie »

I blame Derrick! I had to stand on Dons shoulders to get in his truck, it must have fell out during the ascent :lol: :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Spike Country wrote:So do you guys think the riser design makes it sound more like a micro when shot VS say a matrix 380?
Any string that is less preloaded will present less of a snap when shot. The Bulldog and the Micro both have risers very dissimilar to the 380. My hearing is really pooched but some of the younger punks should lend us their opinion.
Swept back risers have a few benefits.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Don have a few guys shoot them side by side on the 12th. I think its quiet but its been a few months since i shot mine.
It was also too noisy..... Jeff talking about lift kits and bullpup micro overpowered everything :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:Don have a few guys shoot them side by side on the 12th. I think its quiet but its been a few months since i shot mine.
It was also too noisy..... Jeff talking about lift kits and bullpup micro overpowered everything :mrgreen:
:)

I have really good hearing and to me it does sound like my Micro 355.

To be honest the noise of my various bows never bothered me or the deer I have shot @.... LOL
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

To say I liked the Bulldog would be an understatement. It is noticeably less preloaded and this makes for less effort as you pull, it's just that the effort is exerted over a slightly longer distance. (Since there is less preload, you can preload the rope cocker a longer distance and this cuts down on draw length :D ). I really like the stock and the balance is perfect. The factory trigger was the best I have used on a bow that was just unboxed. I didn't perceive any creep at all and it broke nice and clean. I would say that a TT in this bow, especially if one likes the single stage, is completely unnecessary. The only downside for me, and it's a little thing, is reaching the trigger when uncocking the bow. It's a stretch, but like anything else it probably just takes some getting used to.

Thanks for letting us shoot it, Don.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits

Post by newbie »

racking up points wrote:To say I liked the Bulldog would be an understatement. It is noticeably less preloaded and this makes for less effort as you pull, it's just that the effort is exerted over a slightly longer distance. (Since there is less preload, you can preload the rope cocker a longer distance and this cuts down on draw length :D ). I really like the stock and the balance is perfect. The factory trigger was the best I have used on a bow that was just unboxed. I didn't perceive any creep at all and it broke nice and clean. I would say that a TT in this bow, especially if one likes the single stage, is completely unnecessary. The only downside for me, and it's a little thing, is reaching the trigger when uncocking the bow. It's a stretch, but like anything else it probably just takes some getting used to.

You are leaning me towards owning a Bulldog.....Jeff help :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:
racking up points wrote:To say I liked the Bulldog would be an understatement. It is noticeably less preloaded and this makes for less effort as you pull, it's just that the effort is exerted over a slightly longer distance. (Since there is less preload, you can preload the rope cocker a longer distance and this cuts down on draw length :D ). I really like the stock and the balance is perfect. The factory trigger was the best I have used on a bow that was just unboxed. I didn't perceive any creep at all and it broke nice and clean. I would say that a TT in this bow, especially if one likes the single stage, is completely unnecessary. The only downside for me, and it's a little thing, is reaching the trigger when uncocking the bow. It's a stretch, but like anything else it probably just takes some getting used to.

You are leaning me towards owning a Bulldog.....Jeff help :lol:
I would like to help but I am in the middle of a Micro project that is keeping me busy. Stay tuned.... :).
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

Keep at it Jeff.... it will be sweet! :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Boo

Post by Boo »

Looks like I'm buying a Bulldog this year! But! Will Jeff get one before me? :mrgreen:

Post by newbie »

wait.....you still have my wallet....so are you or me buying a Bulldog :lol:
My vote still goes to Jeff either way.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

The noise of any of the bows don,t bother me! is the bulldog louder then the Micro i would have to have somebody shoot both beside me for me to give a answer!!
Don if your useing Mikes card for a bulldog can you put one on it for me please!! :lol:
Not sure what the big deal with Derricks truck height has got to do with you guys you didn,t have to be let out of the truck everytime we stopped :lol: :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

mr meat wrote:The noise of any of the bows don,t bother me! is the bulldog louder then the Micro i would have to have somebody shoot both beside me for me to give a answer!!
Don if your useing Mikes card for a bulldog can you put one on it for me please!! :lol:
Not sure what the big deal with Derricks truck height has got to do with you guys you didn,t have to be let out of the truck everytime we stopped :lol: :lol:
So you think Mike left his wallet behind for a reason? So he could buy one for me and one for him? But what about Jeff and yourself? :mrgreen: I wonder how much room he has on his card? :D
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Does someone did some speed test?

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
mr meat wrote:The noise of any of the bows don,t bother me! is the bulldog louder then the Micro i would have to have somebody shoot both beside me for me to give a answer!!
So you think Mike left his wallet behind for a reason? So he could buy one for me and one for him? But what about Jeff and yourself? :mrgreen: I wonder how much room he has on his card? :D
Well like most things in life there is always room for one more (except for wives).. :)
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

Looking forward to more reviews on the bulldog! Might just have to find a local shop that has one and try it myself. :D
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!