Delaware Hunting Advice???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drkeenan

Delaware Hunting Advice???

Post by drkeenan »

My daughter has decided to attend University of Delaware in Newark in September. I figured that if I have to pay over $160,000 :cry: :cry: over the next 4 years I might as well treat myself to some "free" time in the woods!!

Any Delaware hunters with advice about hunting in the area? Keep in mind that my scouting time will be very limited. I'm just looking for a place to log some hours in the woods on visits to see my daughter.

Oh, and I would be more then willing to babysit someone's honey hole for a day or two to make sure nobody else can use it in your absence! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
sproulman

Re: Delaware Hunting Advice???

Post by sproulman »

My brothers sons college is $81,000 a year for 6 years or more..Him and his wife make $75,000.00 a year..
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

sproulman wrote:My brothers sons college is $81,000 a year for 6 years or more..Him and his wife make $75,000.00 a year..
I feel your brothers pain. This is my second child in school and I have another coming. In fact, for the next 4 years I'll be at $80K+ per year. :( :( :(
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

I was invited to hunt Delaware many years ago for Sitka deer on a private estate about 800 acres. The marsh grass was 4' over my head and I'm 6'1" we hunted 5 days set up on shooting lanes in the grass on bipods its was the worst hunt. I never want to hunt deer with hip boots on again :lol: four of us in 5 long days spotted to Sitka does moving at about mach 10. We did hear them squealing "AKA" bugling each evening. Good luck at finding a spot to deer hunt. Although the sea duck and goose hunting is superb!!
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
skendus

Post by skendus »

There are many places to hunt in Delaware (for all sorts of game species), but there's really only one public area in Newark -- White Clay Creek State Park. However, White Clay Creek State Park has its own regulations, so be sure to conduct some research first.

Other nearby areas include Augustine and C & D Canal Wildlife Management Areas, but there are many more. Check out www.huntingthefirststate.com. For more info on Delaware hunting, you can get a copy of Hunting The First State: A Guide to Delaware Hunting through the site.

Thanks.
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

Excellent choice of schools! :D My daughter is a University of Delaware grad, class of 2012. Went on to work as a wildlife biologist for Delaware DNR.

I've not yet hunted in Del., but my wife (the bird watcher) and I often visit Bombay Hook NWR, and I have long been intrigued by the deer hunting possibilities there.

Jeff
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

drkeenan wrote:
sproulman wrote:My brothers sons college is $81,000 a year for 6 years or more..Him and his wife make $75,000.00 a year..
I feel your brothers pain. This is my second child in school and I have another coming. In fact, for the next 4 years I'll be at $80K+ per year. :( :( :(
Never had chance to hunt Delaware but did New jersey/md...Deer hunting on publicland is just about going to be thing of past with Doe killing that has been done..Sad what is happening I saw good days back in 60s...

bobs son is going to University of pa [penn] .his daughter was at Duquense in pittsburgh and it was almost that cost too..They borrowed the money bob or his wife cannot afford it ...Those kids will have $400,000.00 in debt each when they get out of school maybe more..