Leupold VXR 1.25x4x20 for sale over on AT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Leupold VXR 1.25x4x20 for sale over on AT

Post by Carnivorous »

Here is a scope you almost never see for sale. I have this same scope on my Micro.

Trust me I watch the classified ads on a lot of sights & you never see these for sale. It's a good deal for our American friends... :)

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthrea ... 1087336521
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Booner

Re: Leupold VXR 1.25x4x20 for sale over on AT

Post by Booner »

Looks like a great scope how do you use it with your xbow As far as different yardage aiming points? Are you sighting in the main crosshairs and holding over? I'm just curious because I'm looking at getting a similar scope for my Bulldog when I get it.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I just use the main cross hair/firedot for hunting. Here is how it works.

20 yards 1 1/4" high
25 yards dead on
30 yards 1 1/4" low
35 yards 3" low

So for normal hunting distance you really only need one aim point. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

I have the circle dot SPR reticle. Sighted in for 35 i have a few aim points with the circle. Withing my hunting range (40 yards) if the vitals are in the circle im good to go.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

newbie wrote:I have the circle dot SPR reticle. Sighted in for 35 i have a few aim points with the circle. Withing my hunting range (40 yards) if the vitals are in the circle im good to go.
I have this reticle on a scope too and it's great for crossbow use. With the speed of my MicroMax I have many useful holdovers using the circle and the mil dots. I can also use the turrets to dial 20,30,40,50 but usually my shots are within 40y. I keep my scope set on a 30y zero while on stand and as long as my target is within 40 yards I don't have to think, I just let it fly. If my target is beyond 40y and I'm confident in the shot, I like having the ability to dial precisely my yardage which the Leupold SPR scopes allow me to do.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits