Mega 405 new style riser

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

foofoo

Mega 405 new style riser

Post by foofoo »

talked with Peter today at Excalibur.just a heads up. the newest style riser uses shoulder bolts with round spacers at the limb recoil plate. having these new spacers puts a small gap space between the limb and and the recoil plate. if you have a space this is normal now.they did some testing and felt this was part of the fix. they also put a small relief angle at the edge of the riser where the limbs leave the riser to help with limb stress.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Re: Mega 405 new style riser

Post by Hunt it »

You mean on the 400 BullDog riser as there is no new Mega 405.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

there was a seller in the trading post with a 405 that had the new riser :idea:
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Genetically modified I believe. But the 405 is no longer.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Hunt it wrote:Genetically modified I believe. But the 405 is no longer.
I believe the remaining 405s may have been modified as I did find that the small relief angle at the edge of the riser where the limbs leave the riser had been modified on my 350LE which we all know was once a 405. The 405s are no more but there are still a few still for sale on ebay.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The new Micro 355 riser has the same gap between the limb & the limb strap.

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

yes the 405 is no longer but near some point at the end of its production i guess they released a new style riser. the new design is for 405 model only. was told the other Matrix models and Micros dont have a gap but your 355 sure has it??? Boo said the Bully 400 has the spacers.i was also told they are gonna be able to do the Kolorfusion in house soon. thats great because my dip job was done at Bowtech and doesnt match my rail or limbs well at all but i admire them for improving an extict model. :wink:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

foofoo wrote:yes the 405 is no longer but near some point at the end of its production i guess they released a new style riser. the new design is for 405 model only. the other Matrix models and Micros dont have a gap although Boo said the Bully 400 has the spacers.i was also told they are gonna be able to do the Kolorfusion in house soon. thats great because my dip job was done at Bowtech and doesnt match my rail or limbs well at all but i admire them for improving an extict model. :wink:
Micro 355 has the spacers & the gap. I have pictures to prove it... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i also question why? the use of the limb plates. ive seen some clones out there by Jandao that use a single bolt and no recoil plates.i just hope this isint another test of design done by the purchasers. :roll:
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

guess Peter didnt know because he told me the Mega 405 only had a gap.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

foofoo wrote:guess Peter didnt know because he told me the Mega 405 only had a gap.
Here is part of a PM from Peter when I asked him about the Micro 355 riser design.

Yes, the 355 is a great bow. We have done extensive testing on that crossbow and a lot of work went into that riser design.

So this is telling me he well aware of the ins & outs of the Micro 355 riser.

Just my 2 cents...
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

dont know what to believe anymore. reason why i wont be buying any new Excalibur crossbows this year. the shipping fees to get this stuff back for repair is getting ridiculous. great warranty and nice people but ive lost confidence.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

foofoo wrote:dont know what to believe anymore. reason why i wont be buying any new Excalibur crossbows this year. the shipping fees to get this stuff back for repair is getting ridiculous. great warranty and nice people but ive lost confidence.
There are a lot feeling this way today, and many that were loyal for years, but answers seem to change from one person to the next here lately ,,,, I hope this get's back to what we all were once accustomed too!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

The new 380 I recently put together has one of these modified 405 risers with the very sight tapered relief at the outside edge of the limb pocket... just enough to show aluminum rather than camo on the last aprox. 1/2" of the riser pocket...

I also got a set of the new production limbs to go with the riser and that bit of relief may cost a couple feet per second... but I'll readily give a bit up for the total confidence I feel in this bow... It's not the fastest perhaps, but it's giving me an average of 360.4 fps @383 grn....365.3 @358.4 grn.... and 353.7@403 grns... So though it may be slightly slower than some, with the performance I'm getting, as well as the confidence I'm feeling in this set up :wink: I'm one lucky camper and hunter. :lol:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

great warranty and nice people but ive lost confidence.
Our warranty return rate for 32 years has been less than 1%, we had a few issues recently but our return rate is still way below industry standards. The facts are to date we have yet to have a Micro 355, 315 or Bulldog limb failure so I think we are on the right track. We learned how to make our product even better and I'm pretty excited about the future of our product line.

With social media people have become a lot more reactionary and every issue is over-publicized which makes it look like the sky is falling. The facts don't come close to reflecting the hysteria that developed over some models. But, this is the world we live in these days.

Any product from any manufacturer can fail, it's how they look after the problem that counts and I'm pretty proud of our record. For those of you that lost confidence I totally understand and it's your right to purchase whatever product you think is better. All we can promise as a company is to make the best product we possibly can and if we make a mistake, stand behind it and make things right.

Peter