bolts for 335 micro with Dr. Stirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kodiak22

bolts for 335 micro with Dr. Stirrup

Post by kodiak22 »

Looking to get some custom bolts made for my Micro and looking to put the new Dr. Stirrup set up on bow, so wounding what length I should be looking at for bolt length, plan on using slick trick grizzly 2 BH on bolts.

Thanks
Boo

Re: bolts for 335 micro with Dr. Stirrup

Post by Boo »

Current though is to keep it as long as you can but not stick past the stirrup so that you can lean the bow against a tree and not get your broadheads to dig in. Also keep in mind that you should not want to be able to stick you foot into the stirrup and have a broadhead poke your foot. More than enough people have stuck themselves in the foot with a broadhead.
Bottom line is that you should load your arrow and see what length arrow you want. You might want it right to the very end of the stirrup or you might want it half way so that you can use a longer broadhead in the future.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

My Mirco 335 came with stock 16.5" bolts does it make any difference if I use 18" or longer bolts? Would I notice any improvements in accuracy, groupings, distance etc?
I'm new at this and I'm trying to understand. Besides what Boo says about too long sticking beyond stirrup that I understand, so what length is best for my Xbow?

Thanks
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

ihunt wrote:My Mirco 335 came with stock 16.5" bolts does it make any difference if I use 18" or longer bolts? Would I notice any improvements in accuracy, groupings, distance etc?
I'm new at this and I'm trying to understand. Besides what Boo says about too long sticking beyond stirrup that I understand, so what length is best for my Xbow?

Thanks
First off if you have a question please start another post, do not hijack this one.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

JUDGE wrote:
ihunt wrote:My Mirco 335 came with stock 16.5" bolts does it make any difference if I use 18" or longer bolts? Would I notice any improvements in accuracy, groupings, distance etc?

Thanks
First off if you have a question please start another post, do not hijack this one.

It's a continuation on the same subject.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers