Leupold Vendetta on Xbow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ThunderXB

Leupold Vendetta on Xbow?

Post by ThunderXB »

Anyone using a Xbow mounted Vendetta/Vendetta 2 rangefinder?

If so, how is it working and what mounting set up did you use?

Thanks
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Possum

Re: Leupold Vendetta on Xbow?

Post by Possum »

I use one on my 330 & 350. I have aluminum mounts that I picked up on ebay that attach to the scope rail under the scope. I can mount the Vendetta easily on which-ever crossbow that I intend to hunt with, but I don't put it on until hunting season. I've read that some have difficulty getting the laser lined up with the 20 yard reticle but I've not had any difficulty at all and only takes about five minutes. Works very well for me.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Yes, I've seen those mounts on Ebay.

Where/how did you run the wires for the on/off pad and where did you locate the pad.

(got any pics?)

Other than initial "sighting in" the biggest gripe on the internet reviews is that once set, it still moves around and needs to be adjusted.

What has been your experience??

If this works, it would be handier than pulling out a rangefinder and doing all that movement.

THANKS!
Last edited by ThunderXB on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Boy, I to have given these a long look. What bothers me is;
No.1 It adds weight to the bow.
No.2 It can get bumped easy and throw it off.
No.3 Having to resight it in when changing bows.

What I like about it is having the range on a deer at your finger tips when you need it. Pretty darn cool.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

"What I like about it is having the range on a deer at your finger tips when you need it. Pretty darn cool."

Yup!

And it's legal in WI (or so I'm told)
Possum

Post by Possum »

I bought 2 aluminum mounts, one for each of my crossbows. They are $20.00 more than plastic. I did test the Vendetta on my 330 for about 2 weeks (around 60 shots and it stayed spot-on (double checked with my hand held rangefinder). I am right handed and usually sight with both eyes open so I mount the Vendetta to the right side of my scope and run the wire under the scope, wrap the wire twice around the rear scope ring base to eliminate excess wire interference, drop the actuator button down near the top of the pistol grip on the left side of the crossbow and tape it to the grip using a removable camo cloth tape.
It does add some weight but not much. My 330 with the vendetta weighs 9lbs.
I ranged my rooster in the scan mode walking toward me on my marked 60 yard archery range starting at 56 yards until he stopped at 22 yards, this was after about 40 shots on the crossbow with the rangefinder attached.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

"I ranged my rooster..."

Yummmmm, chicken :lol: .

Thanks
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

"I ranged my rooster..." :( :( :( ....wadda ya got against Roosters?? :lol:
I had a Vendetta on my vertical bow and loved it. It just makes so much more sense to me....much less movement that you need to make compared to finding your rangefinder in your pocket, bringing it up for a reading and then putting it away again.
Now wish that I hadn't sold it with the bow.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have 2 vendetta love these range finders easy to check in field before hunt vibes do knock them off one on a 380 going to put other one 405
Dobermann

Post by Dobermann »

Does anyone have any reflections on what side of the bow the Vendetta should be mounted on?

On the few images/videos I've seen them of them mounted, they've been on either side of the bow (although I don't know if each one was set up for a righty).

Possum above says he went with right side for right-handed shooting ... would there be any reason to have it on the other side - or would it get in the way of using the scope?

And if it is on the far side of the scope, does that make it harder to see the readout and switch back to looking through the scope? ... Or does keeping both eyes open mean that none of this is an issue?
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

either side will work
Silent K

Post by Silent K »

this might sound a bit strange but i mounted my vendetta out front on the left side of my riser. i figured "what the heck there's 2 holes there doing nothing. I managed to take the bow mount hardware included with the rangefinder and Macgyver my own mount.Had to saw one piece shorter and mill out a slot for a stainless bolt voila! I have gotten used to the extra forward weight and I think it helps me keep the bow level (I tend to cant to the right). I now have a small level which mounts under my scope to keep me level. I just added air brakes so the front end is getting heavy. Im gonna have to find myself one of those aluminum mounts you speak of.

Regards, K
Silent K

Post by Silent K »

I am right handed and keep both eyes open. I can see my crosshairs and the displayed yardage at the same time.
Regards, K
tpcollins

Post by tpcollins »

I have the Vendetta 1 version on 2 of my crossbows, mounted on the right side - both using Scott Whitman's mounts from eBay. I have heard there are issues with mounting the #2 version on the right side.

The #2 supposedly has one flat spot on the underneath post that aligns with the 2 micro screws for the horizontal adjustment, and does not mount properly on the right side - the 2 push-pull micro screws would be adjusting on the round section of the post instead of a flat spot.

The Vendettas were original meant to mount on the left side of compound bows near the sight, I believe Leupold's user manual shows it also mounted on the left side with their scope tube mount.

Both of mine are on the right and set almost even with the back of the scope so there's enough length of the thumb switch wire to route it behind the trigger housing and up along the left side of the barrel and it mounts just above the hand grip. All I have to do is move my thumb up and touch the pad twice, and I can see the LED readout with my peripheral vision.

I had an opportunity last fall over looking a swale from a picked wheat field and had a fork horn come out. When he turned it's head I ranged him at 57 yards - I believe I could have easily popped him.
Weiner

Post by Weiner »

I have two of the Vendetta 2's. The one for sale in the classifieds and the one on my bow. I have it mounted on the right side of the scope and it adjusts perfectly with the 2 set screws. Apparently TP mounted his on the left side so either side will work.