Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Mo-hunter

Re: Micro 315

Post by Mo-hunter »

I am also interested in the 315, but with only 10 lbs difference in draw weight, will it be really easier to draw than the 335?
Dave
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Mo-hunter wrote:I am also interested in the 315, but with only 10 lbs difference in draw weight, will it be really easier to draw than the 335?
Dave
I think your 10# difference may be the reason it's not getting responses from current 335 owners ? I know that's the case for me, just as the additional additional draw weight and increased cost, with only a 20 fps gain by the 355 is doing on the other end of the Micro scale... I think $ wise I'll just be happy to be "right in the middle" as this one's paid for and I don't want to take a loss re-sale wise, just to gain those 20 additional feet. ( In my case I have two other excals that can give me 20' or better and they also are paid for ) 8)

I can definately see where the 315 may be of interest to those just entering the Micro family....to the point of having both a 315 and a 355 .
Had I not already had my 335, I may have definately went that route. :D While selling off my 355 Matrix to make it happen.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I helped put together a Micro 315 yesterday that my friend bought about a month ago, we dialed it in at 20 yards in just a few shots. Having owned a Micro 335 I would say the 335 had a lot better trigger than this 315. The 315's trigger was pretty bad with a lot of creep. I told him he needs to invest in a TT and he would be able to shoot better groups with it. We were shooting the factory quills that came with it off my shooting bench and we got ok accuracy at 20 yards, not the shooting in the same hole accuracy at 20 yards as I'm used to with Excals. The Octane scope that came with his was a clear little compact scope with no issues. I think some trigger work and some Zombie Slayers would be the perfect combination for this little crossbow. The cocking effort was fine,just a little stiff at the end. My friend is 5'7 and he didn't have any issues cocking it even with having neck surgery a couple of months ago. I will be ordering one for my wife in a couple of months for me to play with and see what combination the Micro 315 likes.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Thanks for the review. Mine should be in any day now. I have some big plans for the little bow... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Normous wrote:
racking up points wrote:Windsor is a small town, Carl told me this AM that you had one on order. Congrats
:lol: Carl mentioned the same to me.
Apologies for taking this in a totally unrelated direction but are you even able to stand upright in Carl's basement Norm?? :D

Congrats on the new 315 Jeff. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

j.krug wrote:
Apologies for taking this in a totally unrelated direction but are you even able to stand upright in Carl's basement Norm?? :D

I like spending time in the Dungeon with Carl and looking at all the cool stuff and I find the headspace adequate, I did once poke myself in the head with all the Excaliburs hanging around near the front counter.

I suggest anyone in Southern Ontario region near Windsor wanting a knowledgeable Excalibur dealer in a home basement setting seeking a reasonable crossbow price should look up Carl's Archery on Prado Ave.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:
j.krug wrote:

I like spending time in the Dungeon with Carl and looking at all the cool stuff and I find the headspace adequate, I did once poke myself in the head with all the Excaliburs hanging around near the front counter.

I suggest anyone in Southern Ontario region near Windsor wanting a knowledgeable Excalibur dealer in a home basement setting seeking a reasonable crossbow price should look up Carl's Archery on Prado Ave.

Yep Carl is a stand-up guy. I bought my first & most of my Excaliburs from him. Just be sure to call him fist he has random hours because after all he is retired & likes to fish too.. ;o)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

I was there once seemed like a good person. We didn't talk much, I was having him fetch and shorten some of my arrows. He did a great job.
Price s were good.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243