serving

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcat

serving

Post by bobcat »

my serving started to fray a little last fall so i bought a new string. I kept the old one for an emergency and today while turkey hunting the serving on the new string unraveled. I put the old one back on and it will be fine for awhile.
my question is .... can the string just be reserved? what kind of serving? I have a buddy who works on vert compounds and can do those. he told me to find out what type of serving was recommended for these strings.

micro 335
xcaliber

Re: serving

Post by xcaliber »

Angel Majesty in .036" diameter. You have to get it tight, which is the same for the verticals, but smaller diameter serving is used for that application. Yes, your strings can be reserved. I would recommend polishing the trigger latches, and also check the brace height line for sharp edges, something is chewing up your serving it sounds like.
Last edited by xcaliber on Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

bobcat wrote:my serving started to fray a little last fall so i bought a new string. I kept the old one for an emergency and today while turkey hunting the serving on the new string unraveled. I put the old one back on and it will be fine for awhile.
my question is .... can the string just be reserved? what kind of serving? I have a buddy who works on vert compounds and can do those. he told me to find out what type of serving was recommended for these strings.

micro 335
0.036" Angel Majesty
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Check the nocks on your arrows. I had an arrow where it had a crease in it from being touched by another shot. It felt smooth, but under a magnifying lenses there was a fine edge that was nicking the serving.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

thanks for the replies. i will check my arrows. how do you polish the latches? steel wool?
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

where would i find the .036 serving? lancaster archery discontinued it.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

bobcat wrote:where would i find the .036 serving? lancaster archery discontinued it.
Danny Miller sells it .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Send me yer string/s i will serve them cost is postage
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bitemybait

Post by bitemybait »

I find BCY Powergrip Serving @ .025 works great the smaller diameter = more
serving less separation
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

vixenmaster wrote:Send me yer string/s i will serve them cost is postage

sweet! thanks. soon as turkey season is over i will send both ! sent you a pm for address. very generous.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bobcat wrote:

sweet! thanks. soon as turkey season is over i will send both ! sent you a pm for address. very generous.
They will have A Majesty .036 servin on them when returned. Yes sir i need the practice :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:
bobcat wrote:

They will have A Majesty .036 servin on them when returned. Yes sir i need the practice :lol:
Mike, you are a good man. :D
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

vixenmaster wrote:
bobcat wrote:

Very nice of you ..But your strings you sold me are so good it will be longtime I think ...
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

bitemybait wrote:I find BCY Powergrip Serving @ .025 works great the smaller diameter = more
serving less separation
The last time I tested this it broke 25 shots in on a Vortex. AM 036 is the way to go.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

nchunterkw wrote:
bitemybait wrote:I find BCY Powergrip Serving @ .025 works great the smaller diameter = more
serving less separation
The last time I tested this it broke 25 shots in on a Vortex. AM 036 is the way to go.
X2 !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]