Scope question for Matrix 380?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

savannah

Scope question for Matrix 380?

Post by savannah »

Hello all, I got my new Matrix 380 and it came with a Tact Zone illuminated scope. When I sold my other cross bow ( compound) I kept the scope I had purchased for it, a Nikon Bolt. So I took the Tact Zone out of the box and compared the two. I like the red/green illumination of the Tact Zone, and also the fact you can adjust the scope to the speed of your crossbow for accurate yardage. But, the glass seems much nicer on the Bolt. Also, a major difference was the weight. The Tact Zone seemed almost twice as heavy and bulky as the Bolt. So, just keep the bolt and sell the Tact Zone? Or is there a lighter illuminated high quality scope thats available? Does illumination even matter? I have been rifle/shotgun hunting for years and none of my guns has ever worn an illuminated scope. Thoughts?
L. E. Carroll

Re: Scope question for Matrix 380?

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have owned and hunted Elk using a Nikon Bolt on my Matrix 355... It is an excellent scope clarity and quality wise... I have never heard of one having a problem requiring repair or warranty work... :wink:

The Tact Zone on the other hand has many posts by un-happy owners complaining of blurred edges, poor quality glass, and problem lighted cross hair features.

Personally, If $ for an upgrade to a nice illuminated model is hard to come up with ? I'd keep the Nikon ( passing on the T/Z or keeping it as a back up scope ) and just memorize yardages where my bow was "ON" and make allowances for in between distances. You can access the Nikon ""Spot on Calculator" and see what it gives you as Starting Points.

In my looking for a relatively fullproof illuminated scope, I found and would highly recommend a Hawke 1.5 x 5 XB1 or XB30 SR... Not as cheap as a Tact Zone nor as spendy as others, but IMO, light years ahead of the TZ. ( I have two XB30's as well as a Leupold X-bones and am totally satisfied glass wise. ) :D

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

X2 on the Nikon Bolt.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X3 on the Nikon Bolt, I have two of them, and they are very nice in the hunting woods.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Bolt is a great scope for the money ! Have one on my Exocet 200 .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]