Reinheart woodland target problems!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bowmajik

Reinheart woodland target problems!!

Post by bowmajik »

Hi all so I finally bought myself a reinheart target hearing they are the best! The quality definitely caught my eye! However I fired 3 bolts at the target one stock quill arrow broke/fractured upon impact the 2nd shot knocked the target enough that I noticed the break in the 1st arrow because it completely broke off. Is this a target issue or an issue with the bolt ? Mind you I had only fired the arrows in question once before into a bag style target with no issue. Also all 3 of the bolts are impossible to pull out by hand or with an arrow puller. Any info would be amazingly helpful!

Pictures will be added once I resize the original photo
335 Micro Nightmare
150 grain boltcutters
100 grain Toxic's
125 grain slicktrick magnum's
Deer,Bear, Turkey
Big John 16in zombie slayers +lumeknock and blazers(289gn)
Bullzeye

Re: Reinheart woodland target problems!!

Post by Bullzeye »

Was this one of their seconds they sell at a discount?
I have the Rhino block and never had this happen, and my arrows pull out easy enough, but I have heard of some people having problems pulling them out, which is why I bought some of that Arrow Snot arrow release before I got my target, but I've never needed to use it because I have no issues getting my arrows out. Maybe you could try some arrow release to help get your arrows out. I also give the arrow a very very slight turn before pulling, though I did hear someone hear say that's not a good idea, but again, I've had no issues doing that.

This makes me wonder if this is what happens if their foam formula is off just a bit, which causes this issue. I'd give Rinehart a call and speak with them.

As for your arrows busting, I have no idea, but the pro's will chime in soon I am sure, but seems unusual since you mentioned you barely shot these arrows before they busted.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
bowmajik

Post by bowmajik »

I stood on the target and pulled with everything I had, I even put my back into it! I'm 5'11 225lbs and the arrow did not budge! And this is with only field points! I'm not sure what you mean about being on special..I bought it at basspro today for 124.99+ tax . Thanks for the info Bullseye I hope someone can shed some light on the matter!
335 Micro Nightmare
150 grain boltcutters
100 grain Toxic's
Deer,Bear, Turkey
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

What is the exact name of the target you bought? Is it a 3D target or a block style target? I know Rhinehart has a Woodland Caribou target but they're closer to the $1000.00+ price mark. The Rhinehart 3D targets are by far the easiest to extract arrows from. The rhinoblock and 18 in 1 are the same material but different shapes. Arrows are easier to remove with the Danny Miller plier pullers but are tougher to remove by hand. However, no arrows should be breaking upon impact. So, my question is, what bow are you shooting and how close to the target are you? Even if you had an old McKenzie target, which were brutal for arrow removal, arrows shouldn't be breaking. I'd also love to see a picture of the arrow and target. Not doubting you, just for my own curiosity.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post by newbie »

To remove the arrows, give them a twist to break the material that has welded to the shaft from heat then pull.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

bowmajik wrote:I stood on the target and pulled with everything I had, I even put my back into it! I'm 5'11 225lbs and the arrow did not budge! And this is with only field points! I'm not sure what you mean about being on special..I bought it at basspro today for 124.99+ tax . Thanks for the info Bullseye I hope someone can shed some light on the matter!
Try an arrow lube like scorpion venom. Also the painted labels on arrows will virtually weld into a Rinehart target.
bowmajik

Post by bowmajik »

Paulboutforum I'm shooting a micro 335 at 10 yards (sighting in). Only one of the brand new quill arrow broke, it wasn't noticeable until I fired the 2nd arrow at the target about 1/2 inch from the second that I realized the 1st arrow broke because at that point it completely broke and was hanging by a thread basically...I tried twisting the arrow I tried an arrow puller nothing helped. I'm pretty perplexed. I guess I will try some scorpion venom... Maybe I have grounds for a lawsuit based of getting a hernia from trying to pull those damn arrows out :lol:
335 Micro Nightmare
150 grain boltcutters
100 grain Toxic's
Deer,Bear, Turkey
bowmajik

Post by bowmajik »

What would be my best plan of action to get the broken Arrow out? I only have about less than 1/2 an inch of exposed shafts to work with and it is badly fragmented
335 Micro Nightmare
150 grain boltcutters
100 grain Toxic's
Deer,Bear, Turkey
bowmajik

Post by bowmajik »

Oh and the target is a reinheart woodland cube target. I believe it's 15 inches..Hope all this helps
335 Micro Nightmare
150 grain boltcutters
100 grain Toxic's
Deer,Bear, Turkey
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hmmmm, that really sucks lemons! Well, I'd try some loooonggg needle nose pliers and start fighting it out. I wonder if you didn't nick that arrow with another one before shooting it or even in the target. ??? I think it's more an arrow issue than a target issue. I hate to say it but personally, I have the rhinoblock for broadheads and my Third Hand Archery 'Rag Bag Target' for field points. You may want to consider this....and definitely arrow lube. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

We can try to help but not bein there makes it a tuff relay. I think that cube was designed fer Broadheads like my 18-1 n isn't field pt happy. You need to pull the broke arrow out usin whatever pliers you can grip it wid. Lube those carbon shafts as that foam is meltin from the shot friction when the arrows hits it. I use the spyderweb fer field pts n the 18-1 fer broadheads
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Fairly fast arrow...really close distance. Lube arrows, use lacquer thinner to remove painted labels on arrows, Shoot from 20 yrds. or farther. I have same Rinehart target and had similar results with Zombie slayers.
If you cant get broken shaft out ( this is gonna be tough!) shoot another side of target ?
The above posts are correct in that there are many bag targets out there that are much easier to remove field points from. just a thought.

Post by newbie »

I have said before i had 4 or 5 firebolts/diablos/quills break this exact way although not completely in half. I was told it was something I did.... no way that it could happen unless it was me. Yup i shot them into a hard target :wink:
My thoughts still are that the sudden stop of them in these hard targets the back end vibration snaps it. These shafts not being the toughest break. Had 1 zombie do this as well. All 10 to 15 yards never had it happen at longer distance. No nothing in my target.
I shoot almost my rhino exclusively and my field points pull easy with DM pullers with no lube. Just twist and pull. Labels dont help and mine are removed before shooting them at all.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads

Post by newbie »

Double post
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

newbie wrote:To remove the arrows, give them a twist to break the material that has welded to the shaft from heat then pull.
Twisting is not good for carbon arrows. It will cause the fibers to weaken and separate...arrow lube or even rubbing bar soap on the last few inches of the arrow is all that's needed to help keep your arrows from sticking