Zombie Slayers or Executioners......??? GO

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Z-Rider

Zombie Slayers or Executioners......??? GO

Post by Z-Rider »

Micro 355 and love it. Question for the Excalibur family though.

Black Eagle Executioners or Zombie Slayers? What is everyone's preference? I have some of Jerry's Executioners right now that I cut down from 20" to 16.5 and they seem to work good. After some research it seems that the Excalibur's may prefer the stiffer Zombie Slayer shafts though. Would I benefit by switching over to the ZS?

Thanks for any input!

Z
Matrix 380 Xtra / BE Zombie Slayers
Cub / BE Executioners
xcaliber

Re: Zombie Slayers or Executioners......??? GO

Post by xcaliber »

I prefer the Zombies for the stiffer spine with minimal weight added. Executioners are also very good, so if you get the accuracy you want with them, use them up & switch later.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!

Post by newbie »

The stiffer the better....If it were me for the few bucks more grab the zombies.
Having said that at 16" even the executioners are pretty stiff.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
SEW

Post by SEW »

You want NO flex in your Xbow arrow. Zombies are 25% stiffer: they are better. However, in many cases this greater stiffness isn't needed as the Executioners are plenty adequate. I think this is the case for your application. Though the M380 & 405, BD400, and the Micros 355&335 have a hard launch, the 16-16.5" arrows commonly used for the Micros have less flex due to their shorter length.
My thoughts, the Executioners will likely work well; and, if I had Executioners already, I'd cut them down and use them. If I were getting new arrows, they'd be Zombies.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I use both and the Zombie gets the nod out of the 405 and 380 at 18" and I will agree with the others that Excecutioner is plenty stiff at 16" which I chose to shoot out of my Micro 355.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

newbie wrote:The stiffer the better....If it were me for the few bucks more grab the zombies.
Having said that at 16" even the executioners are pretty stiff.
Exactly my thoughts. If you "only" need hunting accuracy the Executioners will work just fine, but I prefer the Zombies as they are noticeably stiffer. If you want to go heavier, the GT Nitro Pro is a good stiff shaft as well. Comes in around 14GPI
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
CROSSBOWCOWBOY

Post by CROSSBOWCOWBOY »

I asked Danny .M about that ? I was going to go with ZS then he convinced me to switch to the 16" Executioners because of the fact that they were not too stiff!! I'm still new at this ? So, unbeknownst to me ? I'm stacking them up at 30 and 40 yards with extremely tight groups with my 335, so, he must have some sort of logic impressed upon the flex of the bolt ? IDK ? Just thinking out loud ? I don't quite understand it yet, or, the principal upon it works ? But, hey, I'm not complaining!!! So far, Danny hasn't been wrong yet !!!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

what do mean "hunting accuracy" ? in my opinion it should be the other way around . when you are target shooting you always get a second chance , and you can correct your shot but with hunting you may only get one shot . if it were me I would go with the best I could get . JMO
W.M.
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

xcaliber wrote:I prefer the Zombies for the stiffer spine with minimal weight added. Executioners are also very good, so if you get the accuracy you want with them, use them up & switch later.

This.
Stephen
Matrix 380
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

W.Miguire wrote:what do mean "hunting accuracy" ? in my opinion it should be the other way around . when you are target shooting you always get a second chance , and you can correct your shot but with hunting you may only get one shot . if it were me I would go with the best I could get . JMO
W.M.
I'm with W.M. on this one. I want the best accuracy I can get when I'm planning to kill anything. I really don't give a POOP about how well i shoot DOTS! They don't bleed! For some of the serious hunters it grinds them when folks say "Good enough for hunting" when in fact that should be your best effort. I'm just saying, and not looking for any backlash, or challenges. I'm merely stating what seems to be an issue for the hunters that look to make a quick, humane kill. I think that good enough for practice would be a better received statement.
There, I'm off the soapbox! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

SEW wrote:You want NO flex in your Xbow arrow. Zombies are 25% stiffer: they are better. However, in many cases this greater stiffness isn't needed as the Executioners are plenty adequate. I think this is the case for your application. Though the M380 & 405, BD400, and the Micros 355&335 have a hard launch, the 16-16.5" arrows commonly used for the Micros have less flex due to their shorter length.
My thoughts, the Executioners will likely work well; and, if I had Executioners already, I'd cut them down and use them. If I were getting new arrows, they'd be Zombies.
Well said !!!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Bill and Dan,

We are on the same page when it comes to "one shot" on a game animal, I want it to count and hit right where I intended it to go... A clean fast kill has to be #1 priority.

On my bench i always have a follow-up shot if required to hit a target ( and usually a good excuse for missing that "Dot" with the previous arrow) 8) :lol:

BTW, I use both Zombie Slayer's and Executioners and am happy with both.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier