Scope clarity

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Scope clarity

Post by Arrowflinger »

A couple of questions for y'all bout my scope.Dead Zone for my 350 LE.r (1)in regards to clarity,when I try to get scope focused for say a 20 or 30 yard shot either the crosshairs will be blurry or the target itself will be blurry ,adjusting the magnification will only allow one or the other to be clear.(2)Does adjusting the magnification of the scope after its sighted in change the POI?thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.(Or is just my old 50 year old eyes?)
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Fred T

Re: Scope clarity

Post by Fred T »

Did you try adjusting the focus ring on the back edge around the eye piece?After sighting in magnification/speed ring should not need adjustment.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Does that scope have the adjustment to screw it out or in by loosenin the ocular ring ? I have to adjust my scopes outward because my eye isn't good focus anymore
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

vixenmaster wrote:Does that scope have the adjustment to screw it out or in by loosenin the ocular ring ? I have to adjust my scopes outward because my eye isn't good focus anymore
X2! or X3! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Yeah guys that is what I'm adjusting the end piece not the speed ring . I just can't seem to get clear at the same time the crosshairs or the target. When I adjust the end piece its one or the other being clear the crosshairs or the target just not both at same time.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

On higher power you may need to be at 30 yards and out. But 3X and less should be no problem even at very close range.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I would suggest not trying to focus the cross hair while looking at anything other than up at the sky.... Once your cross hairs are clear and defined against a sky background the built in parallex in close range crossbow scopes should allow for a crisp, sharp view of the crosshairs and target,,, any other result would have me returning it as a warranty item. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Thanks for the info guys . I'll try the focusing tip Gene and see where that takes me.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

first make sure scope is in rings adjusted to your eye distance.Loosen rings and move scope back towards your eye until it has most view inside no shadows etc..tighten down..Scope will look different from standing looking into it vrs on table sighting it in so standup and look thru scope and move it until you get no halo inside..

YOU MAY HAVE DONE THIS ALREADY..next sometimes I play with my at every shooting to make lines darker and the yards darker..I am only interested in making 20yd line as dark and clear as I only use 20 yd on Buck....
depending on light of sky lines can be dark and brush blurry or clear brush and not so dark lines..

You have to play with it over and over SOMETIMES until you get it just right ..My ring at eye is way out like almost 1/4 inch out ,my brothers is almost in ..He cannot use my scope at all and his is blurry to me..Its our eyes ..

I invented a way to see open sights on pistol with older eyes and so far its working good now I can use my Browning buckmark plus pistol with open sights...
Westhoyt

Post by Westhoyt »

Ya I have the same problem with my dead zone
Either crosshairs are blurry or target is blurry
Compared it at store with another dead zone scope
Same results. They are beyond junk, complete trash,
So the affordable crossbow now needs a new scope
More frustration
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

L. E. Carroll wrote:I would suggest not trying to focus the cross hair while looking at anything other than up at the sky.... Once your cross hairs are clear and defined against a sky background the built in parallex in close range crossbow scopes should allow for a crisp, sharp view of the crosshairs and target,,, any other result would have me returning it as a warranty item. :wink:

Gene
Absolutely agreed!

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Westhoyt wrote:Ya I have the same problem with my dead zone
Either crosshairs are blurry or target is blurry
Compared it at store with another dead zone scope
Same results. They are beyond junk, complete trash,
So the affordable crossbow now needs a new scope
More frustration
Yes they are "made in China" scopes and aren't the greatest quality, that's why most guys upgrade them, but mine doesn't have this problem. Even when my dad was shooting it he complained about clarity at first, got him to adjust the focus and it was clear for him too. If u are not in a position to pay for an upgrade try sending it back for a new one and it should be fine
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Westhoyt

Post by Westhoyt »

Ya I guess I should try and return it , the other ones in store were not any different,
Even the salesman didn't like it but he was clueless on what to do about it
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have vision problems due to MS and I have to play with the EYE RELIEF on the scopes you can turn the lens front of the speed ring either in or out until the view is crisp and clear . I have to adjust that on all scopes no matter what they are on and I have looked through expensive ones . Also you can look on this web site to see how you can do this .

Post by newbie »

hunter with MS wrote:I have vision problems due to MS and I have to play with the EYE RELIEF on the scopes you can turn the lens front of the speed ring either in or out until the view is crisp and clear . I have to adjust that on all scopes no matter what they are on and I have looked through expensive ones . Also you can look on this web site to see how you can do this .
You are talking about focus not eye relief.
To adjust eye relief you need to move the scope forward or back on the scope rail on in the rings until you get the clearest field of view from it.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!