Lumenock Instal Issue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DanO

Lumenock Instal Issue

Post by DanO »

Last year I split the carbon express arrow slightly when I installed the Lumenock. I like the lighted nock but I`m not wild about the install. Has anyone had a carbon arrow split with install or is it something I`ve done.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
xcaliber

Re: Lumenock Instal Issue

Post by xcaliber »

DanO, check the fit of the components, you should never split the carbon, it will end in disaster if you shoot split carbon arrows. The inserts should fit tightly, but no real force should be needed to insert them.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some Luminoks have to be made smaller. The shipment that I got this year are sized much better. They should be fitted so that it requires 20 to 50 lbs to turn on the light.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

few years back i talked with the Luminock people and they indicated the way some of the carbon express arrows were made are prone to splitting. i havent found that to be true but id give them a shout.
DanO

Post by DanO »

Thanks guys. I might have compromised the carbon when I heat the aluminum nock to remove it but I sure didn`t force it enough to split the arrow. I`ve ordered some new Lumenocks and we`ll see if they fit snug without causing splitting. I wondered about that very issue Foofoo.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

be absolutely certain you use the correct model/size nock for the id of the arrows that you are using. if I remember correctly there is a boatload of different models/sizes and would be easy to get them mixed up
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I have GT carbon arrows..Lumenock says it takes GTF flat nock.yet size on net says .300 and some say .301 same nock ...In their films they say to cut off 1 of the marks on the nocks with knife if tight fitting ..Mine were little tight and I just took a piece of 1500 paper and sanded lightly trying until it went in and it really did not take much sanding just touch ...Some friends lightly sand inside of the arrow and they slide right in ..You do not want them loose so take your time little by little..

Also if you cannot get it out and you want to remove the original nock go to lowes and buy a 1/8 inch steel rod they are 3 ft I think for buck or so...Cut it down to about 6 inchs longer than your arrow and stick it in front insert hole and tap easy and out will come your nock ...Save you from breaking your Lumenock or original but like everything else TAP EASY .....
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

DanO wrote:Thanks guys. I might have compromised the carbon when I heat the aluminum nock to remove it but I sure didn`t force it enough to split the arrow. I`ve ordered some new Lumenocks and we`ll see if they fit snug without causing splitting. I wondered about that very issue Foofoo.

Buy a 1/8 inch steel rod at lowes cut to about 6 inch longer that arrow stick in front insert and SLOWLY tap your nock out ...
DanO

Post by DanO »

Isn`t the original aluminum nock glued in Sproulman. Can you just tap it out with the rod without heating the nock. Sorry keyboard is acting up ...no question marks. :(
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

DanO wrote:Isn`t the original aluminum nock glued in Sproulman. Can you just tap it out with the rod without heating the nock. Sorry keyboard is acting up ...no question marks. :(
GOOD QUESTION..I almost said that ..My nocks on my carbon gt arrows are plastic and not glued..Maybe someone will respond to that on glued in alum nocks..I would think WITHOUT doing it you should be able to punch glued nock out from insert but I may be wrong on that ...Someone should comment on this..
DanO

Post by DanO »

Thanks. I`ll proceed with caution. I can use the rod to remove the Lumenock from the arrow that`s splintered at least. I know that one isn`t glued in.