OT Presidential Speech I'd love to hear....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I think it is wise to stay away from the topic of the war in Iraq. It is an issue few people can agree on. Even America is deeply divided on this issue. Why bring it up on a crossbow forum? In addition, the timing is bad as it is our Remeberence Day.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

GUEST wrote:Boys, come on this is a Cdn forum on a Cdn manufacturers website.
Last time I checked with my American relatives and friends, none of them were pissed at us ??
Peace.
Actually this forum is not strictly Canadian, even if it's origins are. There are folks that contribute from Australia, China, Europe, and South America. Not to mention are friends south of the border.

To discriminate against a country or it's country men/women because of what their government does is wrong. You cannot judge an entire country's population upon their leaders decisions.
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

Canadian web site, American web site, does it really matter; no I think not. Humanity is humanity and to say that one group is worse than another is a matter of personal belief. God gave us, each and every one, a common attribute that binds us, free will. It is what each individual does with that free will that makes him/her what he/she is. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no tolerance for groups that hold other groups hostage or murder noncombatants like the attacks of September 11 1994 in New York. Painfully, the United States, and a number of other countries, have come to the realization that we are at war with an enemy that uses a form of warfare that is unconventional and inhumane, but then again what is war if it is not unconventional and inhumane. After all, it was the United States that dropped the first atomic bomb in war that had far-reaching negative, and dare I say inhumane, consequences even though it ended the war in the Pacific. Consequently, we too have dirty hands.

I am an American, and proud to be, however I do feel that we have our nose in other people's business a lot of times. Consequently, I can understand why other people around the world strongly dislike us since, in a lot of ways, we are only looking out for ourselves. The world we live in is changing and evolving and will continue to change whether we sit here and talk politics on a crossbow manufactures bulletin boards or not. Granted, the United States was late in joining WWII with troops, but if I remember correctly we were sending aid and supplying arms to the British and French years before we started sending troops. It seems to me that it has been a long-standing policy that unless we are attacked we support one side of a conflict based on what will be best for us as do other nations. Therefore, to blame us for creating our own demons is a matter of hindsight and nothing else, and until mankind is given the gift of telling the future it will continue to be.

As for the "Friendly Neighbor", who so cowardly remains a guest, there are some things that you should probably keep to yourself whether it is political satire or not. This is a like-minded discussion group full of honest, hard-working, and law abiding individuals from around the world who have a passion for the outdoors and, assumably, visits these message boards as a way to get away from the rhetoric of everyday life by helping and supporting those in need.

OK, I will now take my leave since I probably pissed off a number of people that have been good to me by answering my newbie crossbow questions with great care and courtesy. I just hope that they do not hold this post against me.
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
JD Jones

FlyingAce

Post by JD Jones »

For what it's worth I agree with you. You'll be happy to know that my agreement and five or so bucks will get you a cup of coffee at any starbucks in Spokane. :lol:
JD Jim Jones
The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse.

Nonsense

Post by Newbie »

Let's just say that the US backed out of NATO, and while theyre at it, the UN as well because current actions would seem to indicate that they don't give a darn about what they have to say anyways. This reminds me of a period in history....hmmmm...like when Hitler withdrew from the League of Nations. Am I comparing George W. Bush to Hitler? Yeah, I am. You would be surprised how many connections there are, it's scary. If your interested, Barry Zwicker wrote an interesting article by the name of America: The Fourth Reich. This is a scholarly publication by a respected political analyst, not some regular anti-bush nobody. Blitzkrieg approach to war, seizure of foreign oil fields, use of religion in propaganda campaign to justify actions, terrorism, a catastrophy orchestrated by the government to seize power (Reichstag fire and sept. 11th), these are but some of the similarities which Hitler and Bush share. Do the research and it will scare you at the end. My two cents worth.
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Newbie, you have got to be kidding. Comparing Bush to Hitler is assinine.
Get out & Enjoy.
shootone

Post by shootone »

Lets drop this one shall we. We need each other. There are deer waiting !!
Shootone.
A.W

Post by A.W »

shootone wrote:Lets drop this one shall we. We need each other. There are deer waiting !!
Yup!!!
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

Agreed
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

That other Newbie was not me. How do I change my user name?
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I am glad to see how you gents handled this minus 2--

I knew after reading this that someone was attempting to throw us at one another....HA HA.Trying to start a border war on OUR website.

Bravo to those of you who refused to let someone REV you up!

WEB Terrorism without a doubt...

YOU LOOSE unfriendly author :twisted:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Hoss

WEAK

Post by Hoss »

I am glad to see how you gents handled this minus 2--

I knew after reading this that someone was attempting to throw us at one another....HA HA.Trying to start a border war on OUR website.

Bravo to those of you who refused to let someone REV you up!

WEB Terrorism without a doubt...

YOU LOOSE unfriendly author :twisted:

Post by Guest »

posted twice??how did i do that????????

Oh well --stick together fellas...dont be easy to stir---I as an American appreciate My Northern Canadian Bros---REGARDLESS of whatever whoever did whenever..Move On--Let he who is without throw the first...
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Guest above is me

this thang is freakin posted me twice then made me a guest... :?:
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Hoss,

you must have had a coffee break and now we need to retrain you! :wink:

your "forum users guide" is in the mail...... :wink:

Mikey Vee