broken limb tip: cause & solution

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

broken limb tip: cause & solution

Post by Troubleshooter »

Is the cause of getting a broken limb tip due to a stretched string? (Theory: the gap between the loop of the string and the limbtip is getting to big.)

If yes, when do i need to replace the (old) string? Or can i fix it by making the loop of the string smaller (how?)

Or is the cause just a weak limb tip....
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: broken limb tip: cause & solution

Post by Doe Master »

If the string loop is or gets too big it will slip out of the groove and damage the tip .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Could the loops be served smaller? Have to wait on our string masters to answer this one.
Hank
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Danny Miller says the loops shouldn't exceed an 1.5" length . Personally, I don't like mine to exceed 1.25" , Which puts them about the bottom or slightly above the bottom of the limb tip .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]

Post by newbie »

They can be reserved to close them up. When mine get to that point i just buy a new one for what they cost and save the hassle.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Troubleshooter wrote:Is the cause of getting a broken limb tip due to a stretched string? (Theory: the gap between the loop of the string and the limbtip is getting to big.)

If yes, when do i need to replace the (old) string? Or can i fix it by making the loop of the string smaller (how?)

Or is the cause just a weak limb tip....
In my opinion the string loop stretchin isn't the cause. I don't make long loops in my strings fer the MIcro's nor Matrix models. They seem to work much better wid smaller loops. Either the stress on the Mag tips on the short limbed models or maybe they didn't get the glue set n cured jus right. Maybe its a combination of the several factors that cause it.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

8ptbuk wrote:Danny Miller says the loops shouldn't exceed an 1.5" length . Personally, I don't like mine to exceed 1.25" , Which puts them about the bottom or slightly above the bottom of the limb tip .
Thank you all for your information about this!

I have also a new string at home and this one (the loop) measures allready 1.4 inch (3.5 cm) in length...(this is a matrix string for my 380) So, this means that he can only stretch out 0.1 inch(?)

...and allready exceed 1.25 inch without using te string.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Troubleshooter wrote:
8ptbuk wrote:Danny Miller says the loops shouldn't exceed an 1.5" length . Personally, I don't like mine to exceed 1.25" , Which puts them about the bottom or slightly above the bottom of the limb tip .
Thank you all for your information about this!

I have also a new string at home and this one (the loop) measures allready 1.4 inch (3.5 cm) in length...(this is a matrix string for my 380) So, this means that he can only stretch out 0.1 inch(?)

...and allready exceed 1.25 inch without using te string.
Your string is fine to use ! You won't experience the loop size changing much on a Endless Loop string . Just keep track of it and if it gets too big take care of it .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

I've had several different answers in this thread, so now it is difficult for me which information is the right one...

Next to this i want to thank everyone for his help.

I measured my old string and this is almost 0.5 inch longer than the new one. The quality of the old string is still good, so it should be a shame to cast this away because of the stretch of the loop.

Hope someone can help me out to find te right answer what to do....replace it or not...