Danny Miller over bow quiver mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigrak

Danny Miller over bow quiver mount

Post by bigrak »

I got one and was hoping to use it vertically alongside the rail, but quiver hits the ground to cock. Anyone have it installed this way? Does it need some type of modification?
thanks.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
Normous

Re: Danny Miller over bow quiver mount

Post by Normous »

I don't have one but many posts say that you can orient his mount the way you want. Most orient so that the quiver is parallel to the limbs.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I actually have two on different bows and have them oriented parallel to the limbs as Normous mentioned. I tried orienting them to the rail but the balance felt 'off' this way. I only shouldered it though and didn't try loading the bow. Danny Miller did say to me, "for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want to mount there quiver that way pard'. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Tracker1

Post by Tracker1 »

I love my Grizzly but I always seem to hit the bottom arrow in the quiver when I go to shoot. I've looked at the pics of both the Danny Miller and the Munch mount and like anything in this world there are pros and cons to each one. Having said that, I like the quiver parallel to the limbs (Danny Miller) and also prefer the quiver to have two mounting points (Munch mount) for greater strength. I guess the biggest thing is that I tend to be cheap at times. So I combined the two mounts with things that I had laying around the garage and came up with this low cost solution (FREE) for my bow.
OK I give up. I don't have the computer skills to post a pic of my quiver modification. If anyone would like to post it I will gladly send you some pics to post if you think it is worthy.Image
Last edited by Tracker1 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 15 times in total.
munch

Post by munch »

I think Danny sells his mounts for about $20 and there very nice looking mounts look like they belong on a bow . I've seen some diy mounts that look like a beaver chewed them off and can't imagine putting them on a $1000 bow . One of Danny's mounts for $20 will last the life of a bow . That's the cost of less than 2 hunting arrows . Well worth it in my option
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

I just recently got the single post mount. I love it!! I do have it mounted the length of the rail. Thing is, I REMOVE the quiver when I shoot/hunt. Balance an issue? Seems to me that along the rail or the limbs would effect the balance anyway. With just the mount, There is no difference in how it feels at all. Maybe it is just me, but I really do not want to have to fumble around with reaching under a quiver full of arrows to place my hooks on the string. Especially while on my stand, before daylight! :roll:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

munch wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 pm
I think Danny sells his mounts for about $20 and there very nice looking mounts look like they belong on a bow . I've seen some diy mounts that look like a beaver chewed them off and can't imagine putting them on a $1000 bow . One of Danny's mounts for $20 will last the life of a bow . That's the cost of less than 2 hunting arrows . Well worth it in my option
$32 US funds
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks