just setting up fir first time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sonnyboy

just setting up fir first time

Post by sonnyboy »

Hello, yep, I'm the new guy trying to buy the right stuff an set up correctly the first time. My bow is the 380, an the broadheads that the dealer sold me, (2 Sets) was the boltcutter B.A.T broadhead with adjustable blades for flight!?!?!?.. I watched every ad about boltcutter broadheads but never heard anything about this new boltcutter. Was I sold another thing that could go wrong, or should I take back an get the regular boltcutter 150's without bat technology.......Sonnyboy
Boo

Re: just setting up fir first time

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Welcome aboard..

I found this on an advertisment page.... Maybe it will explain better what BAT stands for..

B.A.T. = Blade Alignment Techknology..

"Excalibur Bolt Cutter™ BAT Broadheads BAT Technology for the most accurate broadhead for today's high speed crossbows
The Excalibur™ Bolt Cutter™ BAT Broadheads are new and improved, and still the best selling crossbow broadheads for high-speed crossbows on the market. With Blade Alignment Technology (BAT), these Bolt Cutter™ Broadheads are now tunable that allows aligning of the blades, so each broadhead is aligned the same way when loaded into your your bow, and subsequently each broadhead flies identical.

With a simple wrench and hex key, you are able to align every broadhead the same exact way, so your groups will be radically tighter every time. The 1 1/6-inch cutting head is made from durable, high-strength stainless steel to bear the hardest hit and still deliver devastating performance. Proven 150-grain weight increases front-of-center weight and allows the choice of using lightweight mechanical broadheads for maximum velocity, durability and pinpoint accuracy with your arrows.

A broadhead is a large cutting point assembly attached to an arrow shaft for hunting. The proliferation of broadhead designs and blade configurations vary dramatically. Manufacturers come out with new models each year that are designed to maximize cutting efficiency, minimize flight deviation and increase impact stability, so new cutting-edge technology give hunters innovative options.

Excalibur Specifications Model 6673
Weight 150 GRAINS
Length 1.063"
Broadhead Type 3 BLADE BROADHEAD
Replaceable Blades YES
Thread 10-32 THREAD
Construction STAINLESS STEEL
Package Quantity CONTAINS 3 BROADHEADS
B.A.T. Technology ALIGN BLADES FOR BETTER FLIGHT
Excalibur Bolt Cutter BAT Broadheads"
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Theres nothing anyone can say bad about a boltcuttter broadhead .I never thought i needed the bat the regular ones always seemed to fly great but every little thing leads to acuracy. Where i live in se pennsylvania is very thick and jungle like i have gone to a large expandable for a maximum blood trail and the expandable in flight is less apt to deflect. If i lived up north the boltcuttter would be a favorite for deer the boltcutter has gotten two bear for me with short trails on both .I have shot tbe slick trick another great head with an extra blade although very accurate the boltcutter was always a little closer to my field points in every bow. .for bear i shoot a 84 grain insert with the 150 boltcuttter a little heavy but hits like a ton a bricks and penatrates bone like no other.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

welcome aboard, and congrats on a fine choice of products. ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
sonnyboy

good friends/good help

Post by sonnyboy »

Hello, thanks for the welcome into this new sport. I also live in northeastern pa an it is thick to be sure. I cannot believe that the small two inch diablo arrows will stabilize the bolt cutter in flight like a dart without fishtailing downrange to the target. I was told that if that's what was sold to you then that is what you should shoot.......hummmmm. I spoke with a guy I know here in pa an he told me that he tried all sorts of arrows an broadheads an expandables but he only found accuracy with factory arrows..........???? I said heck! there has to be a best, an a worst of everything, an arrows are included....I have made arrows in compound bow days, an made some great shooting arrows for that......I cannot believe that a 4" or 3" vane would not stabilize an arrow only 2''......