TT Trigger issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ThunderXB

TT Trigger issues

Post by ThunderXB »

Well, here's a weird one...

I finally got up to the cabin with some free time to work on and shoot my BD400.

As I had a new Vortex XBR to put on, I decided to install the new Trigger Tech I had picked up previously at the same time.

Install of both went well, followed all directions carefully, and with some extra ring lapping for the Vortex it seemed perfect.

I initially shot in my basement at 15 yards last night and it went well and I got dialed right in.

The Trigger Tech was a little better than the reworked factory trigger, and I loved the XBR so I was pretty happy.

Took it outside today to do some longer ranging sighting in.

20 yards went great.

30 yards went great.

About 25 shots in all, counting the ones the night before, THEN...

on my first shot attempt from 40 yds I couldn't get the safety to go on after cocking. I couldn't get it to fire or uncock even depressing the ADF.

The I realized that the trigger level was also "stuck" all the way back.

I pulled back harder with the cocking rope several times to pull the string back and off the trigger latches, but nothing.

Nothing I did would release the string or trigger.

Finally after lots of tugging and pulling on the trigger and ADF release, the TT let go, the ADF stopped the string and I was able to uncock.

Hmmmmm???

So I recocked, it cocked fine, I shot a bolt from 40 yds, right on the target.

Then I tried to recock again and the same stuck trigger & string problem.

Got it uncocked, and pulled out the Trigger Tech and replaced with the factory trigger.

Then I noticed that the string serving was now frayed and broken, so I was done for the day.

With the factory trigger in, it shot fine.

I can only surmise the Trigger Tech somehow got stuck or broke.

Even after removing the TT and taking completely out of the bow, the latches are down and still stuck.

I'll call TT in the morning, but ANYONE ever have this happen??

Seems to be shooting fine with the factory trigger.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
TriggerTech

Re: TT Trigger issues

Post by TriggerTech »

Hi,

Yes, that does not right. Please call in the morning and we'll get you sorted.

We have a lifetime guarantee on all products and 100% satisfaction guarantee, no questions.

We're here to get you sorted.

Please call 1-888-795-1485

Cheers,

TT
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

As usual, great service! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

ThunderXB wrote:Well, here's a weird one...

I finally got up to the cabin with some free time to work on and shoot my BD400.

As I had a new Vortex XBR to put on, I decided to install the new Trigger Tech I had picked up previously at the same time.

Install of both went well, followed all directions carefully, and with some extra ring lapping for the Vortex it seemed perfect.

I initially shot in my basement at 15 yards last night and it went well and I got dialed right in.

The Trigger Tech was a little better than the reworked factory trigger, and I loved the XBR so I was pretty happy.

20 yards went great.

30 yards went great.

on my first shot attempt from 40 yds I couldn't get the safety to go on after cocking. I couldn't get it to fire or uncock even depressing the ADF.

I pulled back harder with the cocking rope several times to pull the string back and off the trigger latches, but nothing.

Finally after lots of tugging and pulling on the trigger and ADF release, the TT let go, the ADF stopped the string and I was able to uncock.

Hmmmmm???

Got it uncocked, and pulled out the Trigger Tech and replaced with the factory trigger.

Then I noticed that the string serving was now frayed and broken, so I was done for the day.

Even after removing the TT and taking completely out of the bow, the latches are down and still stuck.

Sorry to hear about your TT trigger, Thought I'd make a suggestion while your into this . The reason your serving was frayed and broken was because when your ADF stopped the string , It has some rough edges that need to be polished . Seen this on several other Excalibur bows that had been dry fired .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

ThunderXB wrote:Well, here's a weird one...

20 yards went great.

30 yards went great.

Hmmmmm???

Sorry to hear about your TT trigger, Thought I'd make a suggestion while your into this . The reason your serving was frayed and broken was because when your ADF stopped the string , It has some rough edges that need to be polished . Seen this on several other Excalibur bows that had been dry fired .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Yup, great customer service from Trigger Tech, they have already responded to my personal email, on a Sunday no less, and asked me to forward the unit to them.

I agree that the ADF latches likely caused the damage to my serving.

I'll be polishing ASAP.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Anyone know what's up at Trigger Tech??

They were VERY responsive with my issue initially, and they did a replacement trigger ASAP.

BUT, I have some questions for them and my emails are bouncing back and their company voicemail is full.
Normous

Post by Normous »

It is just a hunch but Frank at TT who answers emails and phones would likely be at his wife's side right about this time. They are expecting their first child together.

A bit of patience right now is encouraged.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Normous wrote:It is just a hunch but Frank at TT who answers emails and phones would likely be at his wife's side right about this time. They are expecting their first child together.

Then I would like to offer them a warm congratulations..... :) :) :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Normous wrote:It is just a hunch but Frank at TT who answers emails and phones would likely be at his wife's side right about this time. They are expecting their first child together.

Well that would be understandable!! :D

Hope things go well for all!
SEW

Post by SEW »

When I replaced my trigger on my BD400 , I accidentally put the stock/riser bolts back in the wrong places. This same thing happened to me. Not at all saying this happened here but check. On my M405, I also had possibly a similar situation. Frank actually called me and told me to push the trigger forward, it worked.
Any binding of the rod that goes to the trigger, causes problems. Having the bolts reversed caused binding.
Just some thoughts/experiences. They may not apply to your situation.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

I appreciate the thoughts Steve.

My screws were in the right holes. (longer one front, shorter one in back)

The trigger moved forward a little, but snapped back when you let it go.

When I took the TT trigger out, it was still stuck in the "down" position.

They have sent me another trigger, but I have a few questions for him, but they can hold until they have time to get back to me.
acreek

Post by acreek »

Did you get the Trigger Tech Bulldog specific model trigger that some people mentioned awhile back, or is it the same trigger that gets installed in the Matrix line generally?
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

acreek wrote:Did you get the Trigger Tech Bulldog specific model trigger that some people mentioned awhile back, or is it the same trigger that gets installed in the Matrix line generally?

As of this date, as per Trigger Tech, there is NO specific trigger for the BD400, only the "standard" Excal trigger.

When I got the TT trigger back, I just put it in my new 380 Blackout and am living with the "warranty reworked" factory trigger in the BD400, which is OK.