Mrs Dash and BEE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

Mrs Dash and BEE

Post by Big Pard »

I am pleased to report that The Executioner's did tremendously better then the gold tips. She shot about a 1.5 inch group at 40 yds and I shot her out to 60 yard and hit right on the money. Since I was in a hurry to go hunting I did not shoot groups at 50 or 60 but she hit right where I am so I am cautiously optimistic.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
vixenmaster

Re: Mrs Dash and BEE

Post by vixenmaster »

Big Pard wrote:I am pleased to report that The Executioner's did tremendously better then the gold tips. She shot about a 1.5 inch group at 40 yds and I shot her out to 60 yard and hit right on the money. Since I was in a hurry to go hunting I did not shoot groups at 50 or 60 but she hit right where I am so I am cautiously optimistic.
Sounds good, if'en you can hit a coffee mug at 50 yds wid yer Bheads yer in like Flint
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Glad to read that.

Just think if you get zombies or Spynal tapps next your groups will shrink even more.

Happy hunting...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Some like bee,s over zombies ..i still have not got my new arrows i may be using my Quills and putting in brass inserts ...

so that answers our problem its long arrows 18 inch with .005 ....003/001 shoot fine with 18 inch arrows in micros....I had hunch not knowing much.i wish i would have cut the gt arrows .005 down to 16. inchs and see what they do..1 member is doing that he is having same problems with micro 18 inch .005 arrows..
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:
Big Pard wrote:I am pleased to report that The Executioner's did tremendously better then the gold tips. She shot about a 1.5 inch group at 40 yds and I shot her out to 60 yard and hit right on the money. Since I was in a hurry to go hunting I did not shoot groups at 50 or 60 but she hit right where I am so I am cautiously optimistic.
Sounds good, if'en you can hit a coffee mug at 50 yds wid yer Bheads yer in like Flint
With or without coffee? :shock: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

My Matrix is deadly accurate with BEE's...shooting tighter groups than I am now for hunting is not necessary in my opinion. :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Glad to hear these are workin out better than the first batch. Enjoy and happy huntin
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

georgiaboy wrote:My Matrix is deadly accurate with BEE's...shooting tighter groups than I am now for hunting is not necessary in my opinion. :?
dad used to say in 60s to me SON AIM SMALL HIT SMALL..Anything that puts arrow closer to bucks heart i have to have it even if it only shrinks my group by 1 inch..got to have it..
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

sproulman wrote:
georgiaboy wrote:My Matrix is deadly accurate with BEE's...shooting tighter groups than I am now for hunting is not necessary in my opinion. :?
dad used to say in 60s to me SON AIM SMALL HIT SMALL..Anything that puts arrow closer to bucks heart i have to have it even if it only shrinks my group by 1 inch..got to have it..
My personal maximum hunting range that I'm comfortable shooting at an animal is forty yards. And just as the OP stated i can shoot 1-1.5" groups off a rest at forty.
Could I spend some more money on my scope/arrow/string etc and shrink that to sub 1 inch...probably. :?:
But the animal is going to be just as dead with what I have now, and more important is the fact that I'm extremely confident and happy with what I have now. If it takes sub MOA groups for someone else to feel confident then by all means do what it takes to get there.
I'm going to take my extra cash and go buy more hunting goodies. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

georgiaboy wrote:
sproulman wrote:
My personal maximum hunting range that I'm comfortable shooting at an animal is forty yards. And just as the OP stated i can shoot 1-1.5" groups off a rest at forty.
Could I spend some more money on my scope/arrow/string etc and shrink that to sub 1 inch...probably. :?:
But the animal is going to be just as dead with what I have now, and more important is the fact that I'm extremely confident and happy with what I have now. If it takes sub MOA groups for someone else to feel confident then by all means do what it takes to get there.
I'm going to take my extra cash and go buy more hunting goodies. :D
4 weeks i shot everyday i could to get those gt arrows to group.at 30 yards they would shoot in same holes but would not group...i tried everything and i finally got all 6 to group about 1 and 1/2 inch at 30 yds and less than 1 inch on 3 good arrows...not good enough for me so they are history..