How to unstring?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Patcon

How to unstring?

Post by Patcon »

I have an Excalibur crossbow, Matrix Grizzly I believe. I bought some air brakes #7017 for it. I have found videos on how to restring it but I can't find anything on how to totally unstring it so I can add the air brakes. Can someone give me a technique for unstringing the bow?
Thanks, Charles
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
vixenmaster

Re: How to unstring?

Post by vixenmaster »

You have to use a stringer on limbs n cock it take the string off n then let the limbs down
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

It's the taking the stringer off and letting the limbs down I am not sure about. Also how do you go about getting the limbs bending to get the stringer back on?
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

OK once you have cocked yer Excal put the safety on. Then take string off. Ypu push safety off n put one handle of rope cocker into yer strong hand/arm now squeeze the trigger n hang on let it down slowly. It will go into its natural bend on limbs n can leave string on or take it off. Unless yer not goin to be shootin fer a long period of time it doesn't hurt the Excal to leave the string on
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

You may need to lengthen the stringing aid a little before you remove your string. Should be adjusted longer so that you can just barely get the string off, then when you let it down it should be loose enough to get it off the limbs.
I have done it a few times, and it can be difficult at first until you have done it a couple times. When you get ready to put the string back on, you will need to shorten up the stringing aid as much as you can once it is on the limbs or you won't be able to get the string back on. ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Thank you. I will work on that but not until after primitive weapon season here
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly