some strings more accurate than others?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Re: some strings more accurate than others?

Post by BrotherRon »

On the two occasions that mine was shooting good and suddenly started shooting erratically it was because the trigger housing screws came loose.
The first time I just started to get an occasional flier, the second time I couldn't any consistency. I have since used blue loctite and have had no more problems. ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

i couldnt find anything loose, wrong or otherwise suspect....
i changed the string, left it cocked for a few days than adjusted the brace and because it had not been shooting well didnt bother aiming at a different dot after i smoked the first one.... :roll:

robin hood!

now im back to shooting fist sized groups at 50 yards.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sumpin is wrong somewhere, ck limb bolts n limb straps, ck the mag tips fer cracks n splits. Change out scope, it maynot be obvious but its there, ck the Riser to rail screws also
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

nope its all good now. i think it was that string that seemed to keep stretching after it was reserved. i kept having to adjust the brace height. everything was tight. no cracks in limbs. it seems to be back in action.
the only thing that changed was the string.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

bobcat wrote:nope its all good now. i think it was that string that seemed to keep stretching after it was reserved. i kept having to adjust the brace height. everything was tight. no cracks in limbs. it seems to be back in action.
the only thing that changed was the string.
most said as long as string is kept at same brace height your poi should not move ..BUT same as you new string and I adjusted the brace height right to same spot and my arrows hit 2 inchs low at 30 yds AFTER hitting dead for like 8 shots and after adjusting brace height to SAME spot ..

but here is good one after say 40 shots or so when string slows down stretching you can adjust it to same spot and the poi will be same it seems it only changes like in first 20 shots with new string even if you put it to exact spot on brace height ..

maybe I am wrong but i think it was string in first 20 shots that moved my POI not scope or loose screws....
New String and adjusting the brace height is only thing i could find that is apparent that i can see ,everything tight ,scope checked on another bow its fine ,great arrows zombies .001 weighting same ,great string ,solid rest shot by 2 people hitting dead on then all of sudden 2 inchs low ,no wind,white paper target with black dot ...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I got my string back that I had reserved .it has 100 shots on it.I put it on and my spitfire hunting points shot dead at 30 yards just where it did before i sent it in ..

So reserving did nothing to change my POI ..But i do feel adjusting the brace height on new string say to around 20 shots does change the POI maybe I am wrong but after my arrows dropped 2 inchs and adjusted scope arrows are now hitting dead with little over 20 shots on that string..