Le Baron closing it's doors!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihunt

Le Baron closing it's doors!

Post by ihunt »

Hey everyone Just got an email from Le Baron (outdoor store in Quebec and Ontario Canada) are closing it's doors. All stock will be from 10-50% off. Could be some great deals! In store Only.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
janesy

Re: Le Baron closing it's doors!

Post by janesy »

Just got it too, that's sad, those guys have always treated me very well.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
galamb

Post by galamb »

Yes, LeBaron's lost their financing from whomever was fronting them money to keep their stock flowing.

It's tough to believe after all these years in business they couldn't carry themselves.

I will say however, that over the past few years they have really let their hunting/gun section (in the stores) slip - seems almost like they were embarrassed by it (keeping the ammo behind cabinet doors like cigarettes in the corner store).

Perhaps they forgot "who their market was" trying to cater to the tree hugging crowd, selling them high end outdoor clothing.

As a seller of firearms/ammo/hunting supplies (at work), I can say that there was a great number of items that I don't know how they sold them at the low prices they did - may have been another problem for them. You do have to make some profit to stay in business....
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Sad to hear they are closing, we do not have enough stores like that, and they had decent prices.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

That's a shame. I bought my first weapon there in 1972, a Reminton 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge.
Got me started and I've enjoyed hunting since then (44 years).
Part of my personal hunting heritage will be lost when they close their doors!!! :(
Hockeyfodder
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I had a job interview today, and when I passed the exit for St-Laurent I wanted to check out the deals, but my wallet kept yelling " no no no don't you dare" Lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

hockeyfodder wrote:That's a shame. I bought my first weapon there in 1972, a Reminton 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge.
Got me started and I've enjoyed hunting since then (44 years).
Part of my personal hunting heritage will be lost when they close their doors!!! :(
Hockeyfodder
Wow! We may have bumped into each other bought my 870 around the same time 44yrs ago.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Bullzeye wrote:I had a job interview today, and when I passed the exit for St-Laurent I wanted to check out the deals, but my wallet kept yelling " no no no don't you dare" Lol
I know how you feel my wallet said the same thing but instead I went in to buy a Sakko 30-06 or 300 win, they were sold out in those calibers. :cry:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers