basspro doesnt do it for me

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chessy

basspro doesnt do it for me

Post by chessy »

went to bass pro satuday against my buddies better judgement ... he told me the place was a joke ....HE WAS RIGHT .... if you think they have a selection you guys need to see a real store or look at the overall picture ... they only have one type of crossbow horton .. they only sell one type of reloading bullet hornaday and at that the only had about 40 boxes in total of all caliburs combined and at tha they did not even have interbond bullets ... then off to the powder section they only had imr powder then off to the ammo department .. they only sell shotgun shells buy the box .. not buy the flat .. no deal if you buy a case ?????? they sell nocks for arrows but no back insert for the nocks ?? that was as far as i got in the store and left.... looks like i will be going to the states to a real bass pro and cabelas .. ps the parking was BS ... just had to vent ....take my word for it the place is bad ...
hunter elite

Post by hunter elite »

ive heard the same thing about the one in OHIO so aint goin too waste my time goin too it. ill go too CABELAS now there a store
huntman

Post by huntman »

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you because everyone is entiltled to their own opinion but, they actually have two or more types of crossbows the horton and the ten pointer and they have more then any other outdoor store in the GTA. Are you trying to say Lebaron is better???? I was talking to one of the mangers the last time i was there and i asked why they didn't have a specific thing there. he explained to me that the larges BPS in the states in 340,000 square feet and that store only has enough room to carry 70% of their stock. The store in vaughan mills is 140,000 square feet and only has 20% of the stock. I'm not complaining!!!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

My problem with Bass Pro is the total disregard for the fact they are now in Canada. They don't have a catalog in Canadian funds. They can't even be bothered to put a currency converted on their web-site. Go into the store and try and find some products made in Canada. They have moose in the store but try and find a video on moose hunting. They would have been smarter to come into Canada the way Walmart did. Walmart went out of their way to bring in Canadian manufactures and put maple leaf tags on all products made in Canada. Bass Pro expects you to drive to their store to find out how much an item is.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Bass Pro is a fine place for Earth Shoes, and walking shorts, but we have far better sporting goods stores here in the St. louis area for hunters and fisherman. Just my two cents worth.
KNIGHTS OF NI

Post by KNIGHTS OF NI »

This is my experience;
Parking-Insufficient :evil:
Selection-Good, I found everything I was looking for at the time(What no Excalibur!! :roll: )
Service-Great, except the gun room, I waited 30 mins before I forced someone to serve me. I also saw many potential customers give up! :shock: All the other staff was great though.
Appearence-WOW!! :shock:
Prices-Not impressed at all :? I went there because I wanted a Rem 870 deer combo BPS price $575 plus tax, LeBaron price $545, plus it was a tax free sale, so I only paid $545 taxes in! :D
I also purchaced a Lansky knife sharpener at LeBaron's which was also a lot cheaper than BPS, not even factoring in the no tax sale! :?
In my opinion BPS has looked at the Canadian prices and market and decided that we are willing to pay higher prices (because frankly we are used to it :x )than what they have the ability to sell it at.
You can not tell me that BPS does not have the bying power to out price LeBarons any day of the week!
Therefore I will continue to buy all my archery stuff at Badenoch Archery and my gun stuff from Shooters Choice and Lebarons (personally had no problem, but I am careful as warned!!)
Just my opinion!
Knights of Ni
Ps Support the small pro shops so they are still there when we need them!!
huntman

Post by huntman »

KNIGHTS OF NI wrote: Ps Support the small pro shops so they are still there when we need them!!
i have to agree with your statment. The smaller shops need our help, but Lebaron for me is done. Just because they lower their prices and offer no tax sales dose not justify them screwing me for the last 15 years. :evil:
Cousneddy

Post by Cousneddy »

I've been in 2 BPS, the one in Nashville, TN and the one in Atlanta, GA. I loved them both for size and selection. Couldn't get any service in the archery shop last month when shopping for a crossbow. Probably a good thing because I havn't found the Excaliburs yet! They do have some good in store sales.

As far as supporting our local small shops, I have tried with the only one in town. Several years ago I went into the shop to buy some new rocky boots, had cash money in my pocket. The owner was the only one working that day and he was on the phone telling a deer story. I wandered through the boots looking for my size. He never even asked me if he could help. When I left his store I still had my money in my pocket. Have been back twice, it's not much better.

Pick a spot and make it count!
PaJack

Post by PaJack »

I like Cabela's myself... :D
Hunt Safe,
Jack