crazy compact crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

crazy compact crossbow

Post by Carnivorous »

Unreal! Ravin crossbow shoots 390fps with a 400gr arrow..

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
nchunterkw

Re: crazy compact crossbow

Post by nchunterkw »

This thing looks very cool. Lots of innovation.....but over $1500.00 USD
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
acreek

Post by acreek »

Pretty cool. I saw this bow coming out even before I knew it existed. Getting rid of the rail made sense. There is no need for it. Compound bows shoot overt 350 fps without a rail. Removing the rail helps reduce friction, increasing speed and saving wear and tear on the serving. I also knew that cams would eventually take over as far as being the power source rather than the limbs. Compound crossbows tried to straddle traditional limb driven speed/power with the utilization of cams. There is no need to engineer any let-off on a crossbow like a compound bow, so there is little need for limb driven speed/power source when utilizing cams on a crossbow. Let the cams do all of the work.

I also think we will see a couple other changes occur fairly soon. I think we'll see crossbows shoot with a drop away rest, and we'll also see crossbows utilize D loops to further lengthen the life of servings.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

We'll see how these hold up. I'm a bit skeptical about the limbs, they flex, they're loaded. I have limited knowledge of these, but it looks like the trigger assembly propels the arrow when fired, it has to stop somewhere, will the scope mounting absorb the shock and stay zeroed? I'll keep an eye on these as folk's start using them, but I don't see any need for one personally.
Cool & Compact though. 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Honestly after my last go around wid speed compound crossbow. Think i shall jus enjoy my 350SE i can rope cock n enjoy it fer 1000's of shots
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Yep my Micro isn't going anywhere any time soon.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Them there limbs look more stressed than hillary n donald and n air traffic controller all in one !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

think i will wait for the lower price clones to hit the market in a few weeks or the recurve version at least. lol. why would a rep who wants you to sell there product rush you through a quickie demo and expect you to order? trackless for speed maybe but im not too sure for ultimate accuracy. it looks cool. build a model under 1000$ and maybe id bit.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Better put lots of deer in the freezer to pay for that guys bow and his head to toe Sitka outfit.

Cool looking bow, but it just screams maintenance to me. But I would like to shoot it a couple times
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

The bow is kinda cute and slender!! ...And I enjoy speed and compactness as much as the next guy. But I think this bow is lacking the "essence" that a crossbow provides for me.

Don't you all think that there is just too much of the bow missing?? :shock: :roll:

I like the romance and nostalgia of shooting my Matrix 380...it just looks like a bow, shoots like a bow, and sounds like a MEGA bow! :lol: Bill T called it a "Cannon"!!

If we keep shaving away at the bow until there is no bow left,...Aren't we missing the point of archery??
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

It's kinda cute, like a mangy puppy, but that scope mount screams "Don't bang me". Like others have said, I would like to try it out though.
Hank
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am not goin to knock a crossbow like this until it proves itself one way or the other. Open minded enuff that this small compound crossbow has alot goin fer it, compact, short, lighter than most, very narrow n fast. Price isn't beyond some of the users if'en it proves to be a solid performer n strings/servin's hold up well
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I don't know, I think you can go too far trying for short and compact. That almost looks like a crossbow pistol, seems like it would be real twitchy and hard to shoot accurately without a very solid rest. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll pass.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
janesy

Post by janesy »

These are all probably valid concerns that were once said about the Micro
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I will stick with my Matrix. :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: