Finger guard

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

airborne

Finger guard

Post by airborne »

I have a Phoenix without the finger guards and wonder if any of you have a home remedy you might share. I'm more concerned with the grand kids getting overly excited in a hunting situation even though they have been properly trained in safety and target shooting. Thanks in advance.

Bill
foofoo

Re: Finger guard

Post by foofoo »

maybe put a tac pac handle on the front end. tell them hand always stays on the handle.you could also get a picattiny rail piece and a handle to make your own.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

You need an adhesive black plastic "L" like they sell for a tool box divider
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

The best advice I can offer is gather the young shooters around the computer and google crossbow thumb injuries. I know they are graphic pics but crossbow hunting is a graphic reality. I show everybody what can happen before they shoot my bow. All are much better off knowing and will pay it the proper respect. jmo.
Hank
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Heres mine, and it could be considered minor compared to others! I had my bow sideways on my lap while in stand with my hand rested on the side of the rail. A buck (beauty) came at 20 and I straightened the bow up and shot, not realizing that my thumb was dancing in the "triangle of pain". The worst part was not being able to say anything b/c the deer came to the base of my stand once shot. For 10 mins I had a throbbing thumb as that deer slowly walked away. Slowest deer retreat ever... :roll: karma is a b....

never found the deer even though I could see the blood pouring out of him right where an arrow should go. saw numerous clumps of blood from him!! I saw him bed down. once I saw that I made tracks for home and went back after some time..no deer.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Leather gloves are always an option. Still going to hurt but will keep thumb together.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Buy a matrix stock. I don't have experience with the swap, but I would think it would only require a new hole and a quick tap job.
Education is key, but prevention is equally important. Especially with youngsters.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wabi

Post by wabi »

I let the string get my finger ONCE!
6 stitches and two broken bones. :roll:

Never did it again! :lol: :lol:
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

I made some last year and they work great.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=60975