Lighted Nock Diablo Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bluewater23

Lighted Nock Diablo Question

Post by Bluewater23 »

I purchased the lighted nock Diablo bolts for my hunting bolts and planned to use the standard Diablo bolts for target shooting.

I noticed the weight between the two are a 5 grain difference. Is 5 grains enough to change the flight? Should I use the lighted nock bolts for target shooting as well?

Thanks
Chris
Last edited by Bluewater23 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
amythntr

Re: Lighted Nock Diablo Question

Post by amythntr »

Bluewater23 wrote:I purchased the lighted nock Diablo bolts for my hunting bolts and planned to use the standard Diablo bolts for target shooting.

I noticed the weight between the two are a 5 oz difference. Is 5 oz enough to change the flight? Should I use the lighted nock bolts for target shooting as well?

Thanks
Chris
..... do you mean 5 grains?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bluewater23

Post by Bluewater23 »

amythntr wrote:
Bluewater23 wrote:I purchased the lighted nock Diablo bolts for my hunting bolts and planned to use the standard Diablo bolts for target shooting.

I noticed the weight between the two are a 5 oz difference. Is 5 oz enough to change the flight? Should I use the lighted nock bolts for target shooting as well?

Thanks
Chris
..... do you mean 5 grains?

Anthony :)
Haha..... Yeah grains. Thanks for catching that.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...I would just shoot them and see if you have any difference in POI at hunting distances....when I make up my own arra's I usually get (without trying) anywhere between a couple of tenths of a grain difference to as much as a grain or slightly over a grain difference with no real noticeable difference.

...my shooting, even at the range is contained to 50 yards....I have never shot at a game animal greater than 33 yards....

ANthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Jason D

Post by Jason D »

Yes it is a diff, my bd400 shoots around 2 inches lower with lunenocks at 30 yards and out over the factory flat nocks
BullDog 400
Hawke XB30 Pro SR
18" Diablo
125gr NAP KIllzone
125gr Grim Reaper Fatal Steel
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I think difference is more than five grains. If 5 is correct you should not notice and change in point of impact. The 2" at 30 yards mentioned above is extreme - something not right there. You can find small screws that match luminock weight and screw them into the inside of regular plastic nock to match up weight if it bothers you.