Your hunting thoughts now ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

Your hunting thoughts now ?

Post by mdcrossbow »

I mostly bow hunt except to take my son's on opening day of gun season. I am truely fearfull thinking about taking them each time till we get in the truck then it's all busness. From our talk about how we are going to make a good kill shot to putting on the orange and climbing in our stands to lighting up the flash lights and walking out unless a deer is shot and then we all join in to help and back to the stands. This will be Jacks [13] 2nd year on stand with me in a double wide. I make sure that Orange is displayed all around the stand, let other hunters know that are making their way in where we are by shining my light towards them. I like to get in about 1 to 1.5 hours early so I know who is where. Our opener is this Saturday and I'm excited but in lue of this tragic killings in Wis. I'm also just a little bit apprehensive and just ask the Lord to be our protector and that He will be with each of you this season. God Bless
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I guess you have to be prepared for anything when you are out in the woods, no matter how remote the possibility. The recent shootings involving hunters is an extremely rare occurance, I've never heard of this happening before. It won't change the way I engage in the outdoors. I refuse to be a victim of nonsense.
JD Jones

hunt

Post by JD Jones »

I hope you find peace within in this absurb world, where even going hunting can end in murder.
There is small chance that you or yours will be in harms way, but I surely understand your feelings.
We have to carry on with the business of sucessfully living our lives, lest some very real part of our spirit die.
JD
The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse.

Post by Guest »

Hey Chris4570,

A similair thing happened in Ontario about 5 years ago.
but nothing to do with trespassing or tree stands.

If memory serves me right, 4 buddies were moose hunting somewhere in Northern Ontario.

All gathered around a campfire one night, one of the guys goes crazy and shoots all his buddies.

Maybe someone on the forum has a better recollection of the incident.