finally got out for a evening hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

finally got out for a evening hunt

Post by dutchhunter »

I have been so busy working on the farm milking cows morning and evening and spreading manure pretty much all day light hours till today to wet to spread this afternoon. So I took the new equinox out this evening. Seen lots of deer up moving about half hour before the sun went down. A small seven point was chasing a group of two does with three fawns for half hour .them seen several other does to the east side with a great buck following 100 yards behind them.none got with in bow range but it sure gives me hope for tomorrow evening. Anybody else seeing deer .
addicted to canadian beaver
janesy

Re: finally got out for a evening hunt

Post by janesy »

Awesome first day out!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wabi

Post by wabi »

Glad to hear you got out!
Nothing to soothe the spirit like an trip afield.

Been too hot here in southern Ohio to really get serious about hunting, but the upcoming week looks much better. I have spent a few evenings watching (mostly does & fawns), but have had only one nice buck in range and he spooked before I could even lift my Phoenix.
acreek

Post by acreek »

Sounds like a good start. My nicest bucks haven't shown up on camera since late August. They moved to the crop fields and the lack of acorn production this year hasn't given them enough of a reason to stick around. I kept a decent number of does around with my little food plots, though, so hopefully they bring the nice bucks back in the next week or so. And after the corn fields get cut, deer need the woods for cover more so than before. So I am patiently waiting.