OT Michigan Muzzle loader

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

OT Michigan Muzzle loader

Post by Carnivorous »

My Ontario deer season ended on Oct 22nd when I pulled the trigger tech on a buck. :). We only have one deer seal where I hunt so that officially ended my season.

If all goes well I will be hunting the Michigan zone 2 black powder week Dec 02 to Dec 11. With my NR seal I can shoot a buck only with a min of 3" on one side. It's going to be a long wait before I get some stand time again. But it will be worth the wait... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
RexKay

Re: OT Michigan Muzzle loader

Post by RexKay »

That's a good time. After the firearms opener,and Thanksgiving weekend the cold temps and crowds go home, seems to pick up. Last yr on 2 consecutive days by buddy and son both shot bucks out of the same blind,same window...and same gun(mine). lol I believe the 9th and 10th. Don't know what part of state you'll be in, but good luck!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck, the late season can be a great time to get a nice buck.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Just a word of caution regarding the 3 inch spike minimum on one side. Zone 2 in particular has a lot of area that is under a antler point restriction rule. Make sure the area you will be hunting has a point restriction rule that allows for a buck to be taken with only a 3" antler. Some areas (counties) are minimum 3 points on at least one side. All three of our zones (1,2,and 3) now have some version of antler restriction so be sure you completely understand the ruling for the county you will be hunting.
Good luck.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger