Air brakes problem???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lunghit

Air brakes problem???

Post by lunghit »

When the bow is cocked should the large rubber pad be touching the limb? Just noticed when mine is cocked one is touching the limb and the other is about 1/16" off the limb. I believe it's an easy adjustment using the 2 longer bolts closest to the foot stirrup. I'm just not sure which one to adjust. Thanks
Last edited by lunghit on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
rein1

Re: Air brakes question

Post by rein1 »

Neither one of my brake pads are touching the limb when it's cocked,,, I dare to say you have a weak limb or tiller issue..

I'm sure another member will be able to help you more..
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

It looks like the one that is touching the limb has the two long bolts screwed in further causing it to be pulled down more.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

rein1 wrote:Neither one of my brake pads are touching the limb when it's cocked,,, I dare to say you have a weak limb or tiller issue..

I'm sure another member will be able to help you more..
How much clearance do you have between the pad and limb when cocked?
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Just took some tiller measurements with the bow at brace and everything is dead on. Couldn't ask for it to be closer. I swear something is off with the air brakes. I also looked at the indents on the serving from trigger claw and they look identical.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Just took some more measurements and everything is perfectly symmetrical. I don't get it. Maybe I cocked it a little off with the rope cocker.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
sproulman

Re: Air brakes problem???

Post by sproulman »

Both of my pads are not touching the limbs when cocked...Check to see if your air brakes look straight ..I guess if you did not pull string back correctly you could have 1 side of limb pulled back more than other ...
lunghit

Re: Air brakes problem???

Post by lunghit »

Ok easy fix. After taking numerous tiller measurements and everything being perfect I looked again at the air brakes. The one pad that was touching was obviously screwed in more than the other. I could easily tell just by looking at it. I backed those two bolts out maybe 1/2 turn and that lifted the rubber pad off the limb making it even with the other. Just shot the bow out to 50 yards and she is drilling the bullseye.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30