String use after broken limbtip.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

String use after broken limbtip.

Post by Troubleshooter »

A few months ago I had a broken limbtip while shooting with my M380.

I have got 2 new limbs now, but now I wonder: can i use my old string or do I have to replace this also?

Thanks for helping!
paulaboutform

Re: String use after broken limbtip.

Post by paulaboutform »

If there's no visible damage to the string it's fine.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Take a good hard look at the length of the loops. Long loops can cause limb tip damage and often, when the limb tip fails, the limb gets jammed into the string loop. When that happens, the loops can become elongated. Yep, if you continue to use that string, you'll get another apparent limb tip failure.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

[quote][quote="Boo"]Take a good hard look at the length of the loops. Long loops can cause limb tip damage and often, when the limb tip fails, the limb gets jammed into the string loop. When that happens, the loops can become elongated. Yep, if you continue to use that string, you'll get another apparent limb tip failure

So how do you know your string loops have maxed out on their capacity to stretch without subjecting your limb tips to damage.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Boo

Post by Boo »

Arrowflinger wrote:
Boo wrote:Take a good hard look at the length of the loops. Long loops can cause limb tip damage and often, when the limb tip fails, the limb gets jammed into the string loop. When that happens, the loops can become elongated. Yep, if you continue to use that string, you'll get another apparent limb tip failure

So how do you know your string loops have maxed out on their capacity to stretcph without subjecting your limb tips to damage.
Compare the two loops. If one is visably longer than the other, toss the string. If in doubt, replace the string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Thank you all for your help!

Quote (Boo):
"Take a good hard look at the length of the loops. Long loops can cause limb tip damage..."

Do you have a certain size for this? (inches) How long does the loop goes before I have to change the string?

Thanks!