Exocet 200 upgrade

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

groundhunter

Exocet 200 upgrade

Post by groundhunter »

I purchased the Exocet 200 package back when it was the hot new thing. I have killed some deer and turkey with it over the years. It is wide and heavy and loud compared to newer models but I am not sure I want to ditch it yet for a new bow so I thought I would try some updates to it. Looking for ideas and experiences regarding the following:

Scope,I have the varizone but would like an upgrade
Quiver the one I have is the worst,does not hold bolts firmly and it rattles like crazy
Noise Bow is very loud when I shoot
Width nothing to do here unless you can purchase shorter limbs?
Bolts Using carbon. Should I go FOC?
Broadheads I want to get away from expandables and am open to any brand.
Anti dry fire device if available?
Any thing else that works and is not a gimmic.

Thanks for the help!
Pinpoint

Re: Exocet 200 upgrade

Post by Pinpoint »

First of, welcome to the forum! I'm not sure exactly what you want to accomplish with the upgrades you've mentioned. As far as quivers go, I don't mind the Excalibur quiver but I'm looking into trying out a 3 arrow Kwikee Kwiver. They are super small and light.

Scopes, broadheads there are so many choices, just look through the forum and you'll find tons on these subjects!

As far as noise, it's not an issue for me. I would say however that my Matrix 350 seems louder than my Exocet. I have the S5 string stops on my Exocet, probably helps a little. You can look them up in the accessories section the top left of this page.

I would definately stick with carbon arrows imho. I'm sure others will chime in!!
Good luck!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

I love my 3 arrow Kwikee Kwiver it' much better than stock.
Also check out VPA Archery for your broadhead needs. :mrgreen:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
camorules

Post by camorules »

Im new to the site and not sure if my question is in the right forum but i recently purchased a excalibur exocet and noone knows the draw weight and cant find it anywhere on the bow. It has a gold colored rail original limbs (straight ) and i believe the cedar camo pattern. If anyone could tell me how to figure out the dtaw weight id appreciate it. I have read it could be 165 or 175 maybe 200?? I just need to know lol. Ive had other crossbows that had it stamped somewhere on the bow so any help would be great. Thanks in advance
camorules

Post by camorules »

Here is a pic of my crossbow that i want to know the draw weight of.
Thank you
camorules

Post by camorules »

Apparently i do not know how to add a pic properly sorry
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome, to me. It's sounds like 165 exocet, but I'm sure more people will chime in. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.