lost deer/rotted

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

re

Post by Guest »

#1 did you give written or oral instructions to the butcher (or did you just drop them off)
#2 did you recieve a receipt
#3did you ask for a time as to when you could pick up your processed meat
#4 when you went to check on the progress,did you confront the butcher as to the way he is treating your venison

There are so many times that game is dropped off with no name ,no instructions,WHAT IS THE PROCESSOR TO DO and you would not believe how much wild game is never picked up after it is processed ,and no you can not sell it to recoup your time and money invested.
A BUTCHERS SIDE OF THE STORY
stump

Post by stump »

Guest, I can only speak about my experience with butchers, and the processes they have in place to take delivery of, and to butcher, wild game. The butcher normally asks what cuts the hunter wants when he/she takes delivery of the deer. If he/she didn't, and no one gave specific instructions, the butcher should call and ask. I believe that no butcher in Ontario is supposed to accept game unless it has been properly tagged. Consequently, he/she should know who owns the deer and should have a contact number or two. Also, as the names should be on the tags anyway, if the butcher needs to contact someone and no numbers were provided, he/she should be able to look up the telephone number of at least one of the hunters. I'm not sure why you're asking about a receipt, there is no question the butcher is in possession of the deer, they're sitting on his shop floor.

Post by Guest »

The hunters noticed that the deer were not treated properly the first couple of days it should of been pulled out of there quickly. Seems like they were left to rot by these hunters as well. As chessy as guest reported earlier that he thinks this could happen. By all means to something about it.

ttt

Post by Guest »

ttt
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Chessy,

For anyone else in the area where you brought your deer to maybe you can tell us the name of the shop, so no one else will have their hard earned deer go to waste.
chessy

Post by chessy »

we contacted the health unit they are involved in investagion so far that have told him to clean his shop as it is way below standards ... as far as one guest says we are resonsible for waste, i take exeptional care of my meat, i usually do my own deer but the group said it was to many deer for them to do on there own in a safe manner it was getting warm ..... i will not say the name of the store as it is under investagation and it could lead to a law suit......
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

chessy wrote: i will not say the name of the store as it is under investagation and it could lead to a law suit......
Understood Chessy. I am glad to hear you guys have pursued this. From your experience we all learn.

Post by Guest »

Like I mentioned most hunters will take good care of their meat before bringing it to the butchers. After we drop our meat off to the butchers 1 would think that your meat would be properly cared for. Therefore I cannot see why we would be responsible for our meat after it's been dropped off at the butchers. ie when i bring my car to the garage to have repairs done on it. It's the mechanics responsability to fix the mechanical problems. If the problems are not fixed does it make me responsible?

I THINK NOT
cdngunner.....

Post by cdngunner..... »

chessy wrote:. i will not say the name of the store as it is under investagation and it could lead to a law suit......

Boy one could sign in as a guest and no one would ever know who posted it :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: