Tonights Matrix 380 tinkerings and question on brace height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mike in indiana

Tonights Matrix 380 tinkerings and question on brace height

Post by mike in indiana »

Ok, my first tinkerings were to remove the riser and clean all the rail lube off the rails, then a few good coats of silicone was applied to the rails. The center serving was waxed with the ExWax, string waxed with string wax. Brace height is holding at 5/8" exactly on the scribed lines on the rails, just a touch over 1/8" off the string stops. Im sure this will change the next time i shoot. until the string settles in. Oh and the trigger was lubed tonight as it felt just a touch sticky from the grease. Feels much better now

So what do some of you folks run as a BH measurement on the Matrix 380? I noticed the manual stated anywhere from 1/2" to 1"....just curious to hear others findings.
paulaboutform

Re: Tonights Matrix 380 tinkerings and question on brace hei

Post by paulaboutform »

I run the B.H on my M380 at .75". With a new string you can actually set it at 1" as this will help settle it faster due to the extra load on your limbs. It'll settle to where you want it in no time. Also, when you say you cleaned the deck of your rail with silicone spray keep in mind it's a good idea to wipe the deck down afterwards with a clean microfiber cloth to remove any residue. Otherwise you will start to get premature serving separation.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.