Done !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Done !

Post by papabear1 »

Well the season ends tomorrow the 15th. went out this morning, and sat in my hunting chair hoping maybe something would come within range, but didn't see anything but a squirrel we have 3/8 in. ice on the trees and it is buitiful but miserable. :( so I ended my year with 2 does and my freezer is looking good, :D I have been blessed another year with fresh deer meat, hope I can make it again next year @ 75 yrs. I know it gets harder every year, I think as long as I can cock my equinox and climb a ladder stand, I won't give up, but I know the time is getting closer. But my wife says i'm like the eveready bunny
I just keep on ticking. :lol: (hope she's right ) :roll:

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
vixenmaster

Re: Done !

Post by vixenmaster »

Dave congrats on those tick toters n jus keep huntin n watchin in them woods. It jus don't get no better than bein out there wid the wildlife. It sure beats bein a couch tater. I see the rain will back off tomorrow between 11 am n 6 pm. I plan on gettin up in my Hang-On stand fer abit of last day Huntin :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bdog

Post by bdog »

Way to go with the hunts, if things get to tuff, get a shorter ladder stand and an easier cocking bow, you'll be good to go for the next 75yrs.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yes, I am in the same boat. Away's wondering if this is my last year to. Will be a very sad day when I no longer can get out there. I missed the entired late season with a cold that I still have but am dreaming of next year for sure. Hope you can get back out there and smell the woods one more time. Good luck to you.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats on filling the freezer, and still getting out there too. I hope you have many more hunts ahead of you Dave, you too Aging!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bloodtrail

Post by bloodtrail »

Dave,
Don't plan on giving up, just change tactics. A comfortable chair In a ground blind and the Excal would keep you going. Glad you put a couple slick heads in the freezer.
Good luck next year.
I'd rather be shooting my Excalibur.
Matrix 405
Twilight DLX scope
BEZombies/Tactical Tapps
Grim Reaper SS BH
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Congrats Dave on a successful season!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Thanks everyone for the support, Mike do you have much ice in your part of Mo. ? if you do please be careful !!
Ageing , hang in there ol'e timer :lol: I think we can do it, :roll: Hope ya get over that cold, seems like when you get our age it takes longer to come back. :?
blood trail , I actually have 2 ground blinds but havn't used them in a while, but your right, that will be my next plan, here on my own 25 acres I can put them up way early and nobody will bother them,
excal, thanks I plan on it bud, :) we'll see what comes around next year. :wink:
Thanks Pinpoint ! :wink:

Good luck everyone. :D

Dave
Last edited by papabear1 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

papabear1 wrote:Thanks everyone for the support, Mike do you have much ice in your part of Mo. ? if you do please be careful !!
Ageing , hang in there ol'e timer :lol: I think we can do it, :roll: Hope ya get over that cold, seems like when you get our age it takes longer to come back. :?
blood trail , I actually have 2 ground blinds but havn't used them in a while, but your right, that will be my next plan, here on my own 25 acres I can put them up way early and nobody will bother them,
excel, thanks I plan on it bud, :) we'll see what comes around next year. :wink:
Thanks Pinpoint ! :wink:

Good luck everyone. :D

Dave
My dad was 93 when he quit buck hunting ..I built steps to his stand not straight up like ladderstands just like at home going up steps.if you have privateland that is great.you could do this ...

buck get used to stand if you leave it out long enough ..

He used to say little sproul I dragged your bucks out for years now its your turn... :lol: