Time To Fill Them Tag's,, and Quit play'n W/My Food

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Time To Fill Them Tag's,, and Quit play'n W/My Food

Post by wildcatter »

Got a little worried about taking to many tags into the last week to 10 days a season this year, with the stupid warm temps, there are lotta cowboys that ain't been retired to the couch yet this season on Public Land. Most know I plan on the miserable cold to get er done the last week of season most years, and that's because the people that screw everything up usually won't come out when we are in the spam's and single digits. Right now it looks like that weather may be a little iffy this year. If it is I will have my hands full just trying to kill 2 deer them last 7 to 10 days if it stays like this.

So even though that big boy keeps showing his face just off limits on the adjacent property where I can hunt, I finally decided its get'n down to the wire with just 3 weeks to fill the rest of my tags, so time to start nocken some meat down. I have had that buck within 100 yards 5 or 6 times since the first week of Dec. but he just refuses to follow the doe the nights I'm in my stands. Well this week I decided to reduce my tags to 2 I will save for my last trip south next week. So After I put one in the cooler Monday, after a Sunday hunt, and got most of it cut up and ready to grind yesterday, all sausage but the backstraps and loins, I had about 1/2 of a hind quarter left to clean.

So with the weather calling for 5 or 6 straight days of rain, and temps in the mid 30to upper 30's to about 60 I decided with a perfect wind to hit again tonight as I thought the does would move early with rain coming in after sundown. It payed of again, so now I have another doe on the gambrel and part of a hind quarter in the cooler. I have plenty to keep me as bust as I want to be thru the weekend. Have Breakfast Sausage and Salami to make. Then hopefully next weekend I will be on the public ground and finish off the last 2 tags I have this year.

I guess I'm gonna have to hope that big boy makes it and will give me a chance at him next year. I'd like to stay on him but need all the tags filled to have enough meat to get us through till next Oct. meat in the freezer takes priority over bones on the wall every time. We'll see if it aint raining next week before the weekend trip south I may try and get a shot at him, but my doe hunting is done here now till next year, 2 down south will be my finally, but with the weather as warm as it is,,,,, I hope I didn't play with my food to long this year,,, Feb. the 5th,,,, I'll know!

Them 505 grain Spynal Tapps, with a 125 grain Slick Trick dropped here quick with a high forward shoulder shot that hit shoulder leg bone gone out and shoulder blade on near side breaking 2 blades of of the 4, but getting complete pass thru, I may go back 2 the VPA's, they will not break, but the Trick's got 'r' done, on this particular one,, I guess I can accept it fer a bad shot??? :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
vixenmaster

Re: Time To Fill Them Tag's,, and Quit play'n W/My Food

Post by vixenmaster »

Hot dang get'em, gotstid yerself one one them slick tick toters did ya :) Well congrats to ya n go getstid anudder one
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

Congratulations on putting meat in the freezer :D
Now it time to let the Wildcatt loose :lol: :lol: :lol:
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Exciting waiting for next year hunting Buck..This is 2nd year in row I have not got deer[BUCK] in pa..Saw 3 Bucks and 10 doe for about 12 weeks of hunting 4 days a week..Closets buck was 6 point with small rack big one he never got close to me..

May hunt lease next year publicland is getting overrun with unskilled hunters stinking up my spot and doing stupid things that ruin my hunt never saw such stupid people hunting as I do now all they want is too fill the freezer and will shoot a fawn or bear cub they do not care if any deer are left..

Sounds like you have lots of deer in your area we used too..
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Get them tags filled Wild, good luck the rest of the season.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Ya I had a nice wide 8 point at 27 yards in November, but the week before I saw this bruiser on the adjacent property with a doe. After that I with only one buck per year period,,, I gave the shooter a free pass,,,,, looks like I shoulda taken the shooter when I had a chance, he was a nice buck and if I have a shot at another as big as he was I would take him now,, but that's what hunting is all about. It's a lot more fun than just kill'n anything that walks by,,, but coming to an end and time to fill them tags, so doe's are dead,, and as long as there 1 1/2 years old er better,, their freezer meat here!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

Good luck.Whackem and stackem 8)
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings