Dan Miller helps again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buzzard II

Dan Miller helps again

Post by Buzzard II »

I called Dan Miller at Horizontal Archery and again he was pleasant, listened to my rambling and then sold me the few items I needed for my Phoenix. The items arrived quickly and I'm very pleased! Dan has been very helpful over the years and I will continue to do business with him. Dan steered me in the right direction to find this Phoenix (the first was taken when my home was ransacked) and I'm very grateful. Dan will call you back if you miss him, too. His number is 740-483-2312, but I guess his number is listed elsewhere. :!: :!: :!:
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
xcaliber

Re: Dan Miller helps again

Post by xcaliber »

Danny is a top notch man in my book, and many, many other's. Glad he took care of you, it's what he does. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've had the pleasure of shooting and spending some time with Danny at two Boofests now. I can honestly say he is a gentleman and one of the nicest people I've ever met. Not to mention that I know of nobody with equal knowledge of crossbows. I'll do business with Danny and recommend him all day long!

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Dan is top shelf for sure. :D I too had the pleasure of spending some time with him, wealth of knowledge and quite entertaining to listen to. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

He's such a riot!!! The stories that man tells!!! The knowledge he has about crossbows is incredible. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bloodtrail

Post by bloodtrail »

Dan is the man.
I'd rather be shooting my Excalibur.
Matrix 405
Twilight DLX scope
BEZombies/Tactical Tapps
Grim Reaper SS BH
Ldz
Location: CT ( probably the worst state to be a xbow enthusiast )

Post by Ldz »

There is absolutely nobody living on this planet that knows more about crossbows ,and Excals especially , than Danny.

I don't know every detail but he has quietly had a hand in making a lot if not all of the most iconic and innovative bows that have adourned the letters EC. A lot of which I'd personally like to see more of. When I look down the line now and the only 36" bow is the Apex. No disrespect to the Apex : ) , it and the PB are on my top ten. Maybe I'm old fashioned and not with the times but I don't feel the need to put on a back brace every time I cock my bow. I almost never carry a rope and have no problem cocking a 200# xo c by hand ( although I prefer my lighter poundage xo or vixen : ) ) ....... Enough of that rant, back to Danny.

I wonder if anybody has told the new owners that they have a xbow legend at their fingertips. For the life of me I don't know why they don't give him free reign and let him loose on both crossbow lines and give us a DM series that I know will be full of keepers......... I'll take one of each please : )
Ldz

Post by Ldz »

That went over like a fart in church : )

I would just like to clarify because my post read like a hit job on the current line up. That's not my feelings at all. Personally I gravitate towards the older stuff. That's just my personal preference. That said I own a few of these current models and am extremely happy with them. One of them being my 350 that I just recently posted pics of. Can I cock it by hand? No. But it does with a rope and little bit of effort. And for that effort it pays me back with groups at 80y that are as good if not better than my vtech And its a feat my vixen just doesn't have in its bag , so I understand the shift to more power. I also feel it's not always required to get the job done.

Sorry for the derail.

Post by newbie »

Ldz wrote: I wonder if anybody has told the new owners that they have a xbow legend at their fingertips. For the life of me I don't know why they don't give him free reign and let him loose on both crossbow lines and give us a DM series that I know will be full of keepers......... I'll take one of each please : )
Sean that would be a hot selling lineup! I would definitely like to see it happen.
The best part would be what names he put on them. He sure has his way with words :lol:
I still laugh thinking about his story/s at that German restaurant we ate at in Indianapolis. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Ldz

Post by Ldz »

Your right in all three counts, Newbie

I have a suggestion for a name of the flagship bow of the line when it happens ( please!!!! )...... " The Partner"