10 years ago today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

10 years ago today

Post by xcaliber »

Ten years ago today we had my brothers funeral. Ed died suddenly, and unexpectedly. My only brother, and we were close as any two brothers could be towards the end, and early on. There were some rough spots as we went through our early adult years, not always seeing eye to eye. But the last few years of his life he tried to mend fences, and make good with everyone. As i spill a few tears in my beer, it is not pity, or sorrow I seek. But i would ask that if you have small riff keeping you from someone close, be the one to mend the fence, tomorrow will be here soon, and time does what time wants. If I could have had two more years with him, I would have cut it from my end of days. Please folks, don't wait and say "I should have." " I wish I had" " If I could do it over" Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, and wish I could have been there when he needed me.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Re: 10 years ago today

Post by paulaboutform »

My condolences for your loss Dan. :cry:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Good for you Dan . had the same thing with my sister and lost her last sunday . I am also glad that we were in good shape when she past . I know hoe you feel.
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thanks dan im kind of going through that with my brother now ...were kind of talking slowly now after 3 years since the holidays. My brotber growing up till about 25 was my idol then he became s funcioning alcoholic the guy worked like the perfect man All his life but when he came home from work his hand formed a circle around a can till pass out bedtime . Now hes retired young with a great pension that l would kill for but im afraid its just gonna bring on more tippy time .but im working through it ...or trying to at least. Its nice ..or comforting hearing something similar going on for whatever reason in anothers life. ( wow excalibur forum therapy who knew) .lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Excellent message, sorry for your loss, Dan.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Joe, glad to hear you guys reconnected. We had about a 12 year gap, and it was hard on both of us. Too much pride, or stubbornness on both parts. A really sad part of my life, but I think we tried to get past that.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Bill, I'm sorry to hear of your sister passing. I'm glad that you two got together again.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Dan, i am sorry fer yer loss of brother yrs ago. Yer right on tryin to mend the fence n stayin in good wid yer family members. Our lives as Humans is really a short time on earth, many of us pass on way too soon in life n that cuts our time wid them very short. Thats sad but its nature, y'all have a Blessed day week n year
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

8)
Last edited by sproulman on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Sorry for your loss. My father died suddenly on the exact same day as your brother February 22 2007. Your post hit home a little bit.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
SEW

Post by SEW »

Wise advice.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

longbow joe wrote:Thanks dan im kind of going through that with my brother now ...were kind of talking slowly now after 3 years since the holidays. My brotber growing up till about 25 was my idol then he became s funcioning alcoholic the guy worked like the perfect man All his life but when he came home from work his hand formed a circle around a can till pass out bedtime . Now hes retired young with a great pension that l would kill for but im afraid its just gonna bring on more tippy time .but im working through it ...or trying to at least. Its nice ..or comforting hearing something similar going on for whatever reason in anothers life. ( wow excalibur forum therapy who knew) .lbj
This is the forum I have great admiration for. !!!!
it was 2011 aug 4th. and joined because of posts like this.

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Normous

Post by Normous »

sproulman wrote:Wives cause many problems in family ..Men are letting wives run them etc and turning them against THEIR family ...Main reason we are losing hunters Facebook is taking over and wives love it they can get husbands to make funny faces with their tongues out side..

All our families have problems do to WIVES ...It is hard to get along with your brothers do to it too they will stick up for wife over your blood brothers..
WIVES will do everything to breakup family on your side thru you brothers etc..

It is way things are now I stated before out of 11 of us hunters growing up in gang only me and my brother are left do to WIVES and she would like to see him not hunt also spend more time on Facebook and cleaning grandkids diapers etc.. :twisted:
I know a couple woman here who want you banned from the forum for being so rude and ignorant.
This post sadly adds nothing to Dan's original post.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Normous wrote:
sproulman wrote:Wives cause many problems in family ..Men are letting wives run them etc and turning them against THEIR family ...Main reason we are losing hunters Facebook is taking over and wives love it they can get husbands to make funny faces with their tongues out side..

All our families have problems do to WIVES ...It is hard to get along with your brothers do to it too they will stick up for wife over your blood brothers..
WIVES will do everything to breakup family on your side thru you brothers etc..

It is way things are now I stated before out of 11 of us hunters growing up in gang only me and my brother are left do to WIVES and she would like to see him not hunt also spend more time on Facebook and cleaning grandkids diapers etc.. :twisted:
I know a couple woman here who want you banned from the forum for being so rude and ignorant.
This post sadly adds nothing to Dan's original post.
I agree with Normous,
I have had a bit of a falling out with my brother recently and it had to do with his substance abuse issues, some of these posts are really hitting home for me right now and am sorry for anybody who has suffered this kind of loss.

Ps it had nothing to do with my wife or any other woman it's a dumb assumption to make sproul
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It have everything to do with Ed, and me, and the way he chose to live his life without regard to his kids to be honest. I wish sometimes things would have been different, but you live once my friends, and when he finally realized his mistakes, I think the Lord had shortened his days here to prevent him from slipping back. I also think in some way I was punished for my harsh treatment, and judgement of someone else. I don't want this to turn into a controversy, a point of contention, but just want to remind folks how life is short, family is forever, and try to look deep into yourself when judging another. I'm probably as far away from perfect than anyone on this forum, but I do try be humble, honest, and forgiving. I work for what I have, and give very freely to those in need. I still am not sure I earned my place in Heaven, but I'm working on that too. If you have someone you have that has fallen away, be the one to reach out your hand.
Ed taught me that, too late in both of our lives maybe.